Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ski Pics

Well for me it was having such bad form from hanging on for dear life for 12 seconds behind an 88 HP Evinrude for so many years-- can't do a real pull out any more and too old/sore to learn it again. Easier to drop (or just surf!).
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Like I always say - wake boarding is a crutch for people who can't water ski!

I even heard a kid say that at our lake this past weekend! LOL
    2014 Centurion Carbon Pro

2004 Ski Nautique 196 LE - SOLD
    2004 Outback DD - SOLD
    1995 Supra TSM6 Comp - SOLD

2017 - 67" Radar Lithium Vapor Pro Build w/ Radar Vapor Boa Bindings

Stay STACKED & Pull HARD!!!

Default Ski Pics

Quote Originally Posted by clarkely View Post
    I have throw some pics up I found.... Me 25 years ago....skiing behind.... My dad's Grady white offshore 24....talk about having to absorb a big wake as u crossed

Attachment 19780Attachment 19781

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
    Are those pics by any chance the Jersey Shore? That scenery looks awfully like Avalon and I see your from SE PA.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

Camp on pool 8 of Allegheny River (Adrian, PA)

Nice looking ski...awesome looking boat. Good luck this season with the ski comp's.
    2003 Outback
    Boat name = Lynn Syndrome
    Its a condition that runs in the family...Judy Lynn (mother-in-law) Heather Lynn (wife) & Megan Lynn (daughter)...no known cure...but the boat helps
    New boat for me on 10/9/10.

Default Re: Ski Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Cigars n scotch View Post
    Are those pics by any chance the Jersey Shore? That scenery looks awfully like Avalon and I see your from SE PA.
    Yes to the jersey shore..... And close on Avalon..... Lol

Sea Isle city back waters..... Although have ski'd back waters of Avalon as well... Ocean city back by the cooling tower waters.... And longport/margate area......

But mainly Sea Isle.... Parents have had a place there since I was a kid...

We still go down couple weeks a year..... And my dad still has a Grady white.... So we still fish, tube and board off of it.... Well my kids do anyhow... Our boat stays home in fresh water....

We only hit areas for skiing that were accessible during hi tide.... Places only other skiers hit.... So it was glass.... But only 6-8ft deep at tide..... Lots of great memories there over my life time.... And making them with my kids now....

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
    When stuck inside......
    Hanging out here and at my favorite camping and truck forums
    same name at www.dogandtrailer.com and www.duramaxforum.com
    2006 Mobius LS, 2009 Sydney Outback 310 BHS, 2011 Duramax - My toys

Default Ski Pics

^^cool! I grew up in Jersey and have also spent a lot of time at the shore. We have friends that have a place in Avalon and we used to board in the "horseshoe". Good times and many memories indeed! My family has a house in Manahawkin but we moved down to South Carolina last year.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

I always said if slalom skiing was easy, they would call it wake boarding. It's a lot easier to get up on a wake board. You can even get up on a wake board behind a Jon boat.

Some ski pics from Sanford, NC INT Tournament

Those are some cool ass action shots! I remember when i could do that!
    B.J. Reed

2006 Moomba OBV

I have been double skiing since I was about 12 years old and finally got up on a slalom ski for the first time last year. I never really tried before so last year I decided that I was going to try something different. There is a really nice cove with a course set up on my lake so I would like to eventually get where I can run the course.

I have been wakeboarding since I was about 16, I started out on a unidirectional board called a skurfer. Now I am riding flex boards and all kinds of crazy stuff. I will say that getting up and just cruising is much easier on a wakeboard BUT if you want to do anything more than that then I wouldn't say its easier. I know I am just getting started but going big wake to wake on a wakeboard and trying to add flips and spins is really difficult.

I will absolutely go out on a limb and say surfing is most definitely the easiest one, I usually surf after I get tired from skiing and wakeboarding. Its nice to just relax with a very low impact water sport. The worst thing that can happen is to fall into the swim platform or get tangled in the rope.