Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Here are the pics of the wave.

image.jpg
    image.jpg

This is with 750's in the back filled only 3/4. Ski locker 400 filled 3/4, and 400 in the walkway filled, wake plate up.
    Pocket was larger than when running the 750 filled surf side, 400 under the seats surf side, Ski locker 400 filled 3/4, and 400 in the walkway filled, wake plate 3/4 up. Wave seemed just as big.

Big bonus to the FLOW. The boat was not listing. When coming around to pick up the surfer, boat was controllable, just like when setup for wake boarding.

With the original swim platform installed and pushed out to make room for the flow, it seems to be messing up the wave, creating all sorts of roster tails. Waiting on the new platform, so hopefully this will clean up the wave even further.

So far very happy with the investment. Moomba needs to include some sort of reminder flag to put on the steering wheel that the FLOW is deployed. Forgot to put it up when done surfing. Luckly we were just cruising around slowly and never got over 10, but it was putting out a good wave.

Will try to post comparison images tomorrow.
    08 LSV, FAE, GIII upgraded to Johnson Reservable pumps, Evolution Cover, Flow.

Please post Goofy waves also. Thanks.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Default Moomba Flow Surf Available for 2006 and Newer LSVs

I forgot to put the flow back up one time. No need for any kind of indicator light as the 10' water streaming straight up caught everyone's attention very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Moomba Flow Surf Available for 2006 and Newer LSVs

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    I forgot to put the flow back up one time. No need for any kind of indicator light as the 10' water streaming straight up caught everyone's attention very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did this yesterday!!! All the kids were yelling at me and laughing. ..

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

I will let you know. I have 2 1100's ordered. I will also post a photo and/or video once they are installed

Here is a pic of ballast on surf side(left), and balanced boat with the FLOW(right).
    image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MI-LSV View Post
    Here is a pic of ballast on surf side(left), and balanced boat with the FLOW(right).
    image.jpg
    Is this pic taken from the river that feeds Lake Macatawa?
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

No, these are from the St. Joseph River.

Default Moomba Flow Surf Available for 2006 and Newer LSVs

Hi all. I had flow installed on my 2012 LSV. Here are my findings after 2 weeks of surfing and experimenting. All of this is for goofy side surfing but expect it to be no different for regular side.

I have found the best position for the plate is rotated down so it hits bottom pin but not locked in place into one of the three position holes. I've tried this with various ballast configs and always this is the best position.
    Even with no ballast at all this gets an ok surf wave. My son rides it no prob. But it gets better.
    Best combo is plate in that position and front ballast 80-100% full. I put my passenger in the bow - right side. With just driver and Passenger in bow - need no more than no more than 300-500 lbs on right side and 150-200 on left side. This combo gives us a big clean rolling wave with the wake plate in the bow up position. Moving the wakeplate to the bow down position lengthens out the pocket nicely.
    I found that too much ballast makes the wave less clean.

The above combo works outstanding. Love it.