Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone Use Bazooka Tube Subwoofers?

I am thinking about putting a 10" or 12" Bazooka Tube under the helm. I think one or the other will fit on top of the fiberglass footrest if the carpeted fascia is removed.

10"
    http://www.bazooka.com/products/mobi...ssive-Tube-P19

12"
    http://www.bazooka.com/products/mobi...ssive-Tube-P22

Has anyone used these before? How do they compare to wood boxes?
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Never sold/installed one, but the couple i have heard, both self powered and non-powered, and they are kinda a 1-note wonder subs in terms of SQ. If it fits the spot and fits the budget and you are not yet ready to tackle a raw driver/custom enclosure, then go for it.

I had a 10" non powered model and it was just OK. Doesn't hit real hard but it does give you a little bass. This was 4-5 yrs ago. Don't know if the new ones are the same or not.
    2006 Outback V
    1992 Ski Nautique Open Bow

I have a 8" powered one in mine and it's loud as hell.

I installed the 10" on my '14 Mondo, I'm pretty happy given the price and performance. They aren't the greatest subs in the world (wouldn't install one in my car) but for a boat, I like them. I didn't want to put an uber-expensive sub in a marine environment, I just wanted to add some depth to my music. I install it under the seats port side, just after the battery. This made for an easy set up, and base throughout the cabin.

My personal favorite thing about it is the shape. Because it wasn't a square box, I had 4-5 places I could install it w/o compromising space.

Pro's
    Easy install
    Easy to fit in a boat with it's tube-shape
    low price

Con's
    Not the greatest bass in the world
    requires straps and screws to stay in one place
    Moomba Mondo '14
    IBS 750 / Rear 900
    RAM 1500
    TESLA S85D

"Livin the dream"

years ago I had a double end 6.5 bazooka tube which I then made into a double isobaric chamber, 4 6.5 drivers on one long tube with a divider and it sounded great , like two 12's with much better space availabe in the ole Honda.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyRunner View Post
    I installed the 10" on my '14 Mondo, I'm pretty happy given the price and performance. They aren't the greatest subs in the world (wouldn't install one in my car) but for a boat, I like them. I didn't want to put an uber-expensive sub in a marine environment, I just wanted to add some depth to my music. I install it under the seats port side, just after the battery. This made for an easy set up, and base throughout the cabin.

My personal favorite thing about it is the shape. Because it wasn't a square box, I had 4-5 places I could install it w/o compromising space.

Pro's
    Easy install
    Easy to fit in a boat with it's tube-shape
    low price

Con's
    Not the greatest bass in the world
    requires straps and screws to stay in one place
    Whiskey..... I have a 2014 Mondo also and looking to had some sub...do you have a pic of your bazooka installation? Thanks
    Sampp

2014 Mondo

Could be worst
    From nice Québec..

Sampp- be happy to...but it will be a few weeks. I have a pending ACL replacement (thanks to wakeboarding) and already pulled my boat out to winterize for the season....but will do my best to get pics in a bit. In generally i installed it under the bench seat port side, between the battery and ballast. I wasnt using that space and kept the sub wires away from a bunch of interference. I think the 12 inch would have also fit.
    Moomba Mondo '14
    IBS 750 / Rear 900
    RAM 1500
    TESLA S85D

"Livin the dream"

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyRunner View Post
    Sampp- be happy to...but it will be a few weeks. I have a pending ACL replacement (thanks to wakeboarding) and already pulled my boat out to winterize for the season....but will do my best to get pics in a bit. In generally i installed it under the bench seat port side, between the battery and ballast. I wasnt using that space and kept the sub wires away from a bunch of interference. I think the 12 inch would have also fit.

Take all the time you need WiskeyRunner.....my boat will be out of the water in 1-2 weeks max...already getting cold in Quebec! Adding a sub is one if my winter project ! Good luck with the surgery
    Sampp

2014 Mondo

Could be worst
    From nice Québec..

Bazooka subs....
    The smaller 8-inch tube sounds the best although the larger versions will have progressively more output.
    The advantage of these are you can get by with a very modest amount of power. But on the flipside you do not get the ultimate output or power handling or depth of bass that you would with a comparably sized 10" or 12" in a more conventional bass-reflex enclosure. Tuned high and not particularly linear.
    The tubes acoustically 'unload' (like an acoustic version of a short circuit) when you place the woofer and port too close to an adjacent surface but you get profoundly more bass output when boundary-loading a sufficient distance from a plane or corner. An 8-inch needs to be stood off the corner or plane by the woofer diameter, 8" in this case, and the same guideline would apply to the larger models. This means a transverse mount with the woofer/port at 8/10/12" off the hull.
    Great inexpensive option. Not competitive with the more substantial enclosure.