Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How Steep is too Steep?

Looking for some advice. Living in the mountains most houses are all on hills. So the question I have, is how steep is too steep for a driveway? Will be backing the boat up the driveway to it's parking spot.

I backed the truck up the driveway without the boat and it seemed steep, but right now I have a flat driveway, so....

Thoughts?
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Hard to say, I had a pretty steep driveway at my last house and the main thing was the trailer prop guard would drag if I went to fast. Also I had a tandem trailer and front axle would come off the ground.

Options are you can get rollers added to the prop guard to allow it to roll if the driveway is to steep.
    Also as long as you don't stop when the front axle or rear axle is off the ground for very long you should be fine.

If your a single axle then you want to make sure your axle never leaves the ground. This would cause a lot of stress on the trailer if the only points touching the ground is the prop guard and where it connects to the truck.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

mine isn't very steep at all and my prop guard rubs. knowing some of the slc utah areas, no way Iwould be able to get a boat in some of those driveways.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Thanks for the feedback. I do have the tandem trailer, so that might help, but am afraid of the prop guard dragging. Great house I might have to pass on because can't get the boat up the driveway, guess I could always take it over and try it out!
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold

I shot down a great house for that reason. I could have done it but I knew I would hate it every time. Not worth it. Plenty of other houses around here.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Here is a picture of the driveway. Nice flat area up top, but a climb!

drive.jpg
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold

pass.

when I bought my last 2 houses, only requirement was a 23ft garage. I passed on several good deals and both agents thought I was crazy. in the end, I'm glad I held out..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Cool, no need to drag my trailer up the driveway. If I can't do it by myself, then it's a no go for me!
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold

What you need to be concered with is the where the road meets the driveway. Once the truck starts up the driveway it will be like being flat. A lot a factors to consider. Ball height length of truck and trailer. I would say try it. Also, it looks to me like there could be some room up by the garage to make a area to swing and try around up top. This way u drive forward both in and out. Do your homework and if it doesnt work dont force yourself into buying.

Sent from my VS890 4G using Tapatalk
    1988 Ski Centurion Falcon
    2013 Moomba Outback V

Default How Steep is too Steep?

Have a picture of where the road meets the driveway? I can't see it from the pic you posted but I am only guessing here there doesn't look to be an actual curb (I could be wrong)? I have somewhat of a steep driveway with a tandem trailer and I make out fine with it, I also have a curb that the prop guard gets very close to but if I angle it then straighten it out it's okay. Do more research on that angle, check it out and try it if you can. Is that driveway dirt/gravel?
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale