Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have a pretty steep driveway. the problem spots are at the crest when the trailer goes in/out of the garage, the spare tire will sometimes drag. also when coming out of driveway to roadway the prop guard may occasionally drag.

I don't think your steep driveway is a problem, possibly the transition at the road.
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved

Steep driveways gets old very fast. Everything you do on it is a major PIA. At the end of the day you can collect all your sockets and parts at the end of the driveway. I have a moderately inclined driveway and the trailer doesn't drag but I have a tight parking spot where the truck is exercised pretty good moving the boat. Someday, you may want a motor home, camper or other toys on trailers and they all have a tendency to drag on the ground.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

It is pretty much geometry/algebra. If your driveway was absurdly vertical - say 90 degrees - you clearly would not be able to back into it. So there is obviously a limit to what is possible. If you draw a line from the back of the tire to the lowest part of your trailer - the propguard - that angle should be the steepest angle you can practically approach with the trailer.

Crazy idea. Securely mount a winch inside your garage. Take the trailer off the hitch and lower the the tounge jack as far as it will go. Connect winch to lift eyes on back of trailer and pull it up the driveway.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Uh, power winch, not crank I think.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Uh, power winch, not crank I think.
    Hand crank all the way. Who does not want to get home at night from a full day on the lake and have another workout to hand crank the boat up the driveway. That is a good idea but that is a lot of work to get the boat into the garage.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

ummm no on the crank or the winch for that matter. Crazy idea and if I had to I could. Ended up passing, great house and all, but for me wasn't worth the possible issues and pain.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Maybe I'm mistaken but that doesn't look bad at all. A little rubbing won't hurt but if you start to unload the suspension on the trailer I would reconsider. Installing a hitch on the front of your vehicle really is a game changer to backing up a difficult driveway or putting the boat into a tight garage. I place mine under a vehicle lift with less than a inch to spare on either side. I did it for a while with my suzuki samurai with a front hitch. Now I do it with my F250 powerstroke.