Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jamestown Ky, Lake Cumberland/Dale Hollow

Default Wakesurf "boat board" for 200+ riders

Looking at wakesurf boards tonight and there are way to many choices in the 150 weight range , but what about us big guys .. what would be a good beginner, intermediate board for me to learn wakesurfing. I have several friends ranging from 220 to 290 and was looking for a board that could kinda get us through our learning phase until Christmas comes around for a custom board. Looking to stay around 400 or less.
    1995 Moomba Boomerang-SOLD
    2008 Moomba Outback DD- SOLD
    2014 Moomba Mondo-SOLD
    2016 Moomba Craz

I would go with a Fish or a Ride. I have a ride right now and weighed at one time around 235 and had no issues what so ever. I know the fish is also a great beginner / boat board. Both of those boards you can get very reasonable. I actually have a Ride that I might be willing to sell if you want something just to get you through the year. It has a few dings but works great.

Either of those boards are great for people to learn and are available in sizes that fit heavier riders.

I have a CWB Ride and it works well. Another option would be a Hyperlite Broadcast. I suggest picking up the best buy.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

I would not recommend the fish as it is rather slow. I personally have the fish and my buddy has a broadcast and we never ride my board.
    Rusty

2013 Mojo

Thanks for the help .. I was looking at the Rides but all I could find about weight on it was "one size fits all" .... Yeah not really gonna take that statement to the bank when it comes to boards
    2014 Moomba Mondo-SOLD
    2016 Moomba Craz

chad I sent you a PM.
    2014 Moomba Mondo-SOLD
    2016 Moomba Craz

I have a Hyperlite Broadcast which seems -- at least for us beginners -- to work equally well for myself (6'2" 230 lbs) and my teenage daughter (5'6" 120 lbs).
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Ronix Duke
    2017 Moomba Craz

What about the Hyperlite Noserider 5'6"? Has anyone tried this one? I am in the market as well and I am a big guy ( 6'4" 290). I have read the reviews but has anyone tried it out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't tried the noserider but I wonder if it is very similar to the fish though. I would recommend either the bazooka by walker project or red rocket by inland surfer if you could swing it. Me personally I am going to go custom with a shortbus and they say they can do it cheaper than either the bazooka or red rocket but also customize it to being a faster big guy board.
    Rusty

2013 Mojo