Default Health check - new purchase

Picked up a 2006 mobius LSV about a month ago and finally giving it the full health check. My first inboard
    I noticed that the bolts for the prop shaft V-drive coupler are all loose. They are still on since the nut is a lock nut but all of them can easily be turned by hand. I went to check the gap with a feeler gauge and I couldn't get any of them to fit anywhere around the coupler. I'm assuming this is ok right? as long as if any gap is present it is less than .003". Was going to go ahead and just tighten down the bolts.

Compression check came out good ~ 150 on all cylinders
    I do have an oil leak coming from the V-drive unit but still have not found the source
    I'm replacing all the fluids and the old still looked pretty good.
    What's the best position to have the boat when checking fluids? In the water or out on the trailer? Right now I have it in the drive way but still sitting slightly bow up

As long as you are relatively level I don't think it will make that drastic of a difference on fluid levels especially since most dipsticks have a range. As long as you are above low and below full I would think you are good to go! And I would say your shaft alignment is good if the feeler gauge did not fit anywhere and the bolts were loose.

Looks like you are from TX according to your user name, where about? We have our 4th annual Texas Moomba/Supra Jam coming up at Bethy Creek on the Trinity river on June 27-29. You should come out if you are free, it's a blast! There is a thread with all the details under the Moomba owners meets/reunions topic. Nice to have you on the forum and have a great summer with that new boat!

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Congrats on the purchase.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

pics man pics. welcome

Sent from my iP5s on an app called tapatalk 2
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    As long as you are relatively level I don't think it will make that drastic of a difference on fluid levels especially since most dipsticks have a range. As long as you are above low and below full I would think you are good to go! And I would say your shaft alignment is good if the feeler gauge did not fit anywhere and the bolts were loose.

Looks like you are from TX according to your user name, where about? We have our 4th annual Texas Moomba/Supra Jam coming up at Bethy Creek on the Trinity river on June 27-29. You should come out if you are free, it's a blast! There is a thread with all the details under the Moomba owners meets/reunions topic. Nice to have you on the forum and have a great summer with that new boat!

Sent from my iPhone
    That sounds like a blast, might have to do that, I'm in Austin

Thanks for the board welcomes, I'm already going through alot of older post looking for potential upgrades.
    Here's a pic while I was working on it, not the best, but gives an idea

Also is a pick of the spark plugs. Looks like its running a little rich, I might try and lean it out a bit, what do yall think?IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg
    Last edited by utexasrick; 04-12-2014 at 09:11 PM.