Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    From page 24 of your Owner's Manual:

"Your mooring cover is not designed for trailering. Trailering with your cover installed may cause premature cover failure and boat damage. This damage is not warrantable."

Yup that's true, but in my case living in the PNW I'm not towing my boat in the rain.
    The older covers like my LSV was not a tow cover but I towed limited times with it.

The supra line he's always had a better quality and fit cover. I think Moomba line is adapting this now.

Evolution covers run from 900 up depending on how many options you want.

Options like mine has, color of main material color inserts to match my strip, embroidery done on the front and back. Tower strap.
    Last edited by mmandley; 04-08-2014 at 10:18 AM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    From page 24 of your Owner's Manual:

"Your mooring cover is not designed for trailering. Trailering with your cover installed may cause premature cover failure and boat damage. This damage is not warrantable."

I'm surprised about this... i always thought a cover was for both storage and towing. I never once had the slightest of a blemish from my evolution cover and i always towed with it on. to get to my lake i have to drive about 6 miles of gravel... the inside of the boat will be covered in dust. However i won't tow with my factory cover on the new boat i guess...

Anyone ever had a cushion blow out or anything like that when towing in a wind?
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

You can find several opinions on that in this thread:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....t=cushion+blow
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Default Evolution Covers -- FYI...

Yep, cushion behind driver seat came up but luckily stayed in the boat. I've heard of others loosing theirs... Some have added Velcro or button straps.

If it's raining, I tow mine with the factory cover but I take it slow on the back roads.

I had a really nice button on travel cover in my last rig, tower with it for 5 years and it never did any damage. It was made by a local shop... Have seriously been thinking of getting one for the Mojo. The factory cover is very good when it's sitting still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by uniwarking; 04-08-2014 at 10:45 AM.
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

If you're even considering a cover for your boat, give Corey from Evolution covers a call. Before I bought my boat, I heavily researched covers as my boat will unfortunately have to be stored outside on occasion. An Evolution cover was the first thing I purchased after buying my 'new to me' LSV. It is without a doubt one of the best investments you can make for your boat. The quality, fit, and craftsmanship is unparalleled. He will take his time answering any questions and explaining how his cover works. And, it looks plain awesome. I've had friends with other boats spend upwards of $600, sometimes more, on other 'high end' covers that gap, wrinkle, leak, pool rain, sag, etc. Plus, you can tow across the country with the Evolution cover. For me that's huge as I typically tow about 45 min to the lake. So, no worry about cushions, towels, bags, etc blowing out of the boat.
    I am in no way affiliated with Corey or Evolution Covers, however, I am so impressed with his product, his customer service, and his small business American made product that I wanted to share.
    Having said that, I know it's a bit of a wait, but soooo worth it!
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100#er's in the lockers
    ski locker sac
    IBS
    Johnson reversibles
    3 vent heater (which my family loves)

Quote Originally Posted by saskyrider View Post
    Anyone ever had a cushion blow out or anything like that when towing in a wind?
    I towed a Mondo for my dealer, had it not been for the straps, I am sure the the 2 rear corner cushions would have gone air born. Towing a '14 Mojo and the 2 rear corner cushions stayed in place, did make sure the straps were fastened too.

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Yup that's true, but in my case living in the PNW I'm not towing my boat in the rain.
    The older covers like my LSV was not a tow cover but I towed limited times with it.

The supra line he's always had a better quality and fit cover. I think Moomba line is adapting this now.

Evolution covers run from 900 up depending on how many options you want.

Options like mine has, color of main material color inserts to match my strip, embroidery done on the front and back. Tower strap.
    I think my dealer told me that this year Supra has a Tower down road cover that goes over the tower as well,if thats the case thats pretty cool,I know Nautique has had this option for a while.
    2018 ?????
    2013 LSV Exiled (Sold)
    2006 LSV (Sold)

Jim

Since we are on the conversation of covers does anyone have the snap covers? I really like the idea of isolating the bow for those cold Wisconsin days. I hate the idea of buttons but I am willing to sacrifice for towable, separate covers.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

I've have one for the bow and cockpit. The bow cover stays in the boat as you never know when you need it. Besides keeping the air off of you when it is cool out, I use it when a storm comes in and put the little ones up front, out of the rain and give them a heat tube. It is also nice when to go to a public dock and you want to conceal some stuff.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I have the bow cover as well, works quite nice on the cooler days if you have a smaller crew.
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost