Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Def need correct prop to run lots of weight. I run the 1433. Boat does great getting out of the hole. It drinks alot more gas though.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Default Setting up Boat for W/B

I've been boarding since the wakeboards were called skurf boards

Haha. Me too. Started out on an obrien shredder. Couple old riders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been looking at getting a few old boards that I used to ride just to keep around the house as decorations and maybe get out on once a year for fun. I have also been waiting to find some old wooden skis too. I remember the first time I ever got up on a wakeboard and the first time I ever got up on skis, its amazing how just thinking about that brings back feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by liquid_acid View Post
    I've been boarding since the wakeboards were called skurf boards

Haha. Me too. Started out on an obrien shredder. Couple old riders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember the first time I rode a wakeboard and rode down the wake. It was such a different feeling from skiing, I described it as "going downhill on water". Very memorable.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post
    I also have a LSV and I cant stress how important it is to put weight in the nose. I have the integrated bow sack which fits under the seats in the front like others have mentioned. I also run the locker full till it pop's open. For the back I have 1100's but I only fill them about 3/4 full. so I guess thats about 700lb. I am seriously thinking about taking out the IBS this year and adding 2 ski locker bags under the front, one on each side. The IBS in my opinion show be a little longer to go all the way back.

So all this big weight is really cool right? The issue your going to have though is you'll need a different prop to get all that weight on plane. Once you get above factory ballast weight you'll start to notice the boat coming off plane easier and taking a lot longer to get on plane. I changed props and now the boat is a total beast. I feel like I could drag the whole lake with me. The engine also feels like its not struggling nearly as hard.

I also suck at wakeboarding but this is going to be my year. I'm looking at getting a regular coach and getting out a few times a month with him to learn and fine tune. I already have 3 appointments set up to kick the year off. I've been boarding since the wakeboards were called skurf boards so I would like something to show for my lifetime of faceplants and getting the wind knocked out of me. My goal for this year is Back Flip, 360, and Railey. I think its doable for a 36 year old guy, I figure 36 was a good age to start taking my wakeboarding to the next level, 36-360 there's a relationship there.

I'm also a bigger guy (6'1" 215 lb) so getting a lot of big air takes a lot of big wake. The little guys can just fly off a little wake much easier in my opinion. Unfortunately I am built for football and not extreme sports.

Dude, we are in the same boat! we are the same age, and I remember getting that HO board with the strap bindings... unfortunately I went in the AF and started globe trotting, but now that i am back in my home state, with Lakes near by, I want to get back in the game...
    I would like to just be able to get some good air, and clear wake to wake both sides comfortably. once I can get that, I will set higer goals! But yeah, I totally understand the faceplants and wind knocked out of you... barely being able to crawl back on the swim plateform... lol ... good times...
    B.J. Reed

2006 Moomba OBV

I have been doing good on the wake to wake stuff. I can launch off the wake on my heal side but toe side scares the hell out of me. I always feel like I'm going to faceplant going that direction. I am basically a one trick wonder out there, heel side grabs are my specialty. I feel like a chump. I can poke out a really nice tail grab though, so at least I look good doing the one trick I know.

I got a Slingshot Hooke a few years ago and have been riding it. That board has a very sharp snowboard type edge on it so I am not that comfortable riding it. Just last winter I got a good deal off of EVO on a Ronix ONE. I rode a friend of mines last summer and it was way faster than the hook. I really liked it. The rail is rounded too so I feel like I have more forgiveness.

I'm hoping I will have more confidence this year and be able to land some stuff. I also look at it like this, I will never have the opportunity to be in peak shape again. Meaning every day I get older and it takes longer to recover. If I want to pull some of this stuff off I need to do it sooner rather than later. Its kind of depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by beej77r View Post
    Dude, we are in the same boat! we are the same age, and I remember getting that HO board with the strap bindings... unfortunately I went in the AF and started globe trotting, but now that i am back in my home state, with Lakes near by, I want to get back in the game...
    I would like to just be able to get some good air, and clear wake to wake both sides comfortably. once I can get that, I will set higer goals! But yeah, I totally understand the faceplants and wind knocked out of you... barely being able to crawl back on the swim plateform... lol ... good times...