Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Setting up Boat for W/B

I just wanted to see how everyone is setting their boat up for Wakeboarding (ballast wise)?
    The very short time I got ride behind my boat last year we were generally surfing, but I want to get into Wakeboarding more. I have never had a boat like this that you can weigh it down to get a bigger wake. So i just figured i would see how everyone might like to set thier boat up, and I can get some idea's of what might be a good place to start. I am certainly not a pro, or even itermediate with WB...
    Just want a good place to start when i do eventually start!

Thanks guys!

B.J. Reed

2006 Moomba OBV

We have different boats but I run the stock GIII full (400 on either side of the motor and 400 in the ski locker) and an IBS full under the front seats. Roughly 1800 lbs worth. I plan on swapping the 400s in the back to 750s eventually
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

So Maxin it out! that sounds close to what i have right now, going with 750's later this spring...
    B.J. Reed

2006 Moomba OBV

Default Re: Setting up Boat for W/B

Stock full. 600s in back and hard tank full.
    Also
    800 in nose
    540 in hallway
    800 in front on v-drive.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

holy crap that is a lot of bags!!! must have huge wake!!
    B.J. Reed

2006 Moomba OBV

I have a supra but the big thing I see on the supra's and Moomba's I been in is to run close to at least 50/50 from front to back. I like to run the front of the boat a little heavy but it is easy to take a roller over the nose weighted heavy.
    I have the following
    750 each side rear run about 650lb when wakeboarding
    1400 in belly.
    600 in the nose.
    2007 supra 21v

+1 to what wolff said. Front weight is very important with the Moomba and supra.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Good to know! you guys with the big boats... you don't know how lucky you are!!! lol
    B.J. Reed

2006 Moomba OBV

Default Setting up Boat for W/B

^^^ haha 2nd that! One day I'll get to the big leagues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1998 Outback

I also have a LSV and I cant stress how important it is to put weight in the nose. I have the integrated bow sack which fits under the seats in the front like others have mentioned. I also run the locker full till it pop's open. For the back I have 1100's but I only fill them about 3/4 full. so I guess thats about 700lb. I am seriously thinking about taking out the IBS this year and adding 2 ski locker bags under the front, one on each side. The IBS in my opinion show be a little longer to go all the way back.

So all this big weight is really cool right? The issue your going to have though is you'll need a different prop to get all that weight on plane. Once you get above factory ballast weight you'll start to notice the boat coming off plane easier and taking a lot longer to get on plane. I changed props and now the boat is a total beast. I feel like I could drag the whole lake with me. The engine also feels like its not struggling nearly as hard.

I also suck at wakeboarding but this is going to be my year. I'm looking at getting a regular coach and getting out a few times a month with him to learn and fine tune. I already have 3 appointments set up to kick the year off. I've been boarding since the wakeboards were called skurf boards so I would like something to show for my lifetime of faceplants and getting the wind knocked out of me. My goal for this year is Back Flip, 360, and Railey. I think its doable for a 36 year old guy, I figure 36 was a good age to start taking my wakeboarding to the next level, 36-360 there's a relationship there.

I'm also a bigger guy (6'1" 215 lb) so getting a lot of big air takes a lot of big wake. The little guys can just fly off a little wake much easier in my opinion. Unfortunately I am built for football and not extreme sports.