Default Rear compartment separator wall thickness?

Can anyone get a quick measurement and let me know what the thickness is of the rear compartment wall / separator? (see below) Doesn't really matter what year/model boat you have.

I'm about to rebuild/replace my existing ones that aren't cutting it for the new split cushion sundeck support.

Debating on going with 1/2" vs 3/4". The 1100 bags put a fair amount of stress on it, but then again I'm wondering if going thicker is overkill as these sheets are spendy stuff.

Thanks

So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default Re: Rear compartment separator wall thickness?

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Can anyone get a quick measurement and let me know what the thickness is of the rear compartment wall / separator? (see below) Doesn't really matter what year/model boat you have.

I'm about to rebuild/replace my existing ones that aren't cutting it for the new split cushion sundeck support.

Debating on going with 1/2" vs 3/4". The 1100 bags put a fair amount of stress on it, but then again I'm wondering if going thicker is overkill as these sheets are spendy stuff.

Thanks

Walls are 1/2" thick.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Thanks Joe - do they seem beefy enough to you? My old ones are covered with carpet on both sides so it is hard to get a good idea of exactly how thick they are. But I can see they've flexed a little.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default Re: Rear compartment separator wall thickness?

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Thanks Joe - do they seem beefy enough to you? My old ones are covered with carpet on both sides so it is hard to get a good idea of exactly how thick they are. But I can see they've flexed a little.
    If you are sticking with the 1100's, then I would strengthen them with aluminum like others have done on the forum. The 750's in my OBV caused the walls to flex, so I a sure the 1100's will flex more.
    Last edited by jstenger; 04-04-2014 at 06:18 PM.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

3/4 is way over kill