Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

we have 60-64 degrees at Lake Lure, NC. much better than Feb 28th- 51 degrees! gosh was that cold. one run...done!

The Columbia has lots of little floaters in it too with the high water levels.

Then there's the 3-4mph current to deal with. Can definitely play havoc on trying to dial in a good wave! I second the suggestion to stick to the lake.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    .....or hear us for sure LOL
    I will probably be working in the yard here outside Chicago -- 2000+ miles away -- but I will be listening cause I'm guessing I might hear you as well!!
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Default How to configure flow surf

There is a nice vid in Vimeo, "Moomba Flow Interview (Matt Brown)". Google it... Might answer a few of your questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    There is a nice vid in Vimeo, "Moomba Flow Interview (Matt Brown)". Google it... Might answer a few of your questions.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnOYHrtsydE

Met Matt when we did the tour, super nice guy.

A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Yeah, the Willy isn't an option yet. Will consider Hagg. Wonder if the weather is going to cooperate? No dry suit yet but am dying to take it for a cruise. Moving from an outboard to a V drive. Definitely need some practice before I tackle busy boat ramps/docks. Trailering is going to take some getting used to.
    2014 Moomba Mondo - Exile Tower/Sub/ZLD/EXBT4/Amps (2x), Hertz Cabin - Evolution Cover - 650 IBS, 900s Rear, Center Hard Tank, Flow
    1969 Bayliner Tahiti - 120 HP Force Outboard - Gone but not forgotten

I went from a stern drive to the V drive. boat ramp was just the same really, and it purrs so sweet in reverse. HOWEVER these babies have about ZERO steering ability in reverse!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrd8ker View Post
    Yeah, the Willy isn't an option yet. Will consider Hagg. Wonder if the weather is going to cooperate? No dry suit yet but am dying to take it for a cruise. Moving from an outboard to a V drive. Definitely need some practice before I tackle busy boat ramps/docks. Trailering is going to take some getting used to.
    I'd be happy to show you a few pointers in docking and trailing the boat if you want. Let me know. Once you do it a few times its pretty easy.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default How to configure flow surf

Quote Originally Posted by Horwitz View Post
    I went from a stern drive to the V drive. boat ramp was just the same really, and it purrs so sweet in reverse. HOWEVER these babies have about ZERO steering ability in reverse!!!
    They steer great in reverse as long as you want to go backwards to starboard...

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD