Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default How to configure flow surf

Quote Originally Posted by Horwitz View Post
    I went from a stern drive to the V drive. boat ramp was just the same really, and it purrs so sweet in reverse. HOWEVER these babies have about ZERO steering ability in reverse!!!
    They steer great in reverse as long as you want to go backwards to starboard...

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I went from a stern drive to the V drive. boat ramp was just the same really, and it purrs so sweet in reverse. HOWEVER these babies have about ZERO steering ability in reverse!!!
    They steer great in reverse as long as you want to go backwards to starboard...

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Deployed my new flow system yesterday. The system is as advertised. Really cleans up the wake to the opposite side. I have 1000 lb bags in the back. I loaded each at 75% and the front 100%. Five adults in the boat. I distributed that weight evenly, except put one extra person in the front and one extra to the opposite side of the deployed flow. Best wake is on the driver side (prop rotation). Speed and size of wake vary. The wake opposite the flow never washed. I have video but I'm not sure how to load it. I did not need to stack the weight at the back and only on one side. Cant wait for the water temp to get to about 75.

Our first attempts yielded some good waves with a little trial. we used all 3 stock ballast bags, wake plate down, 5 passengers in the back left, flow surf plate on middle position.
    Still learning. we only tried surfing a few times as it was 51-56 degree water. we mostly skied.
    Last edited by Horwitz; 04-06-2014 at 08:33 PM.

We practiced with the flow surf system this weekend. it was a bit cold to practice surfing so we mostly skied. we used all bags full, drivers side plate setting 2, wake plate down, 5 passengers left rear. good wave, I think.

I think the Flow Surf System is going to be good. But, I feel like the sales and marketing people are trying to say that you can fill up your factory ballast, deploy the flow fin, and you can wake surf. This probably is not true; you are still going to need a half a dozen friends in the boat to share the experience and build the wave. it is still not a two person sport...

We practiced with the flow surf system this weekend. it was a bit cold to practice surfing so we mostly skied. we used all bags full, drivers side plate setting 2, wake plate down, 5 passengers left rear. good wave, I think.

Looks like you're going a little too fast. 10-11mph is what you want. And put the BIGGEST bags (1100lb)in the rear to get the best wave.
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I will be testing my Flow this weekend and can help ya out next week.

As I understand the boat is weighted EVENLY in the rear. Then weight the front. The Flow likes FRONT weight more then rear weight. This is because in the rear you are weighting both sides so essentially compared to classic surfing of weighting one side, you are getting 2xs the rear weight. This is why they are advertising so much that you can surf it with factory ballast in the rear. That's 1300lbs and front weight. I have been told by a few that have had the chance to surf it you want at least 1K in the front. 500 hard tank and Bow sac <IBS> worthy of 500-650

You can set your Flow tab to any position, the lower the position the taller and more aggressive the wave, lowest setting is good for skim surfers, and the lowest is good for surfers who want the biggest wave.

As for the deploy of which tab, I understood it as you want to Surf Regular, you deploy the Goofy Tab.
    Surf Goofy you deploy the Regular tab, I could be wrong as I am only going by what I have read.

Like I said after Sunday I will report with my findings, and pictures, and I hope to get some videos of the different settings. Mostly this depends on how long me and my crew can tolerate mid 50s water temps LOL.
    Alright Mike, it's nearly 6 on Tuesday. Where is your review?
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Woody929 View Post
    Alright Mike, it's nearly 6 on Tuesday. Where is your review?
    My crew was sick Sunday. No one available Monday Tuesday. This Sunday we will be on the lake. Crew or no crew I'm going to test the Flow.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]