Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Mondo14 vs LSV13 ?

I have been boatless for the last 3 years, I had a 2006 LSV and looking to get back on water. My dealer has a LSV13 that he will make a deal on or should I get the Mondo14? Our family does everything from boarding, sky skiing, surfing. what do you guys think?

get the biggest boat you can get. I'd pick lsv over the mondo if you can afford the garage space..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    get the biggest boat you can get. I'd pick lsv over the mondo if you can afford the garage space..

X2 what sandm says
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

stats are the same as far as weight and capacity. And LSV is only 1ft longer. Plus I would get Flow on the Mondo.

If you like the leftover I would get it and have the Flow added once it comes out. Does your dealer still have a build slot for the Mondo, if not it might be a long wait.

my experience with surfing has been get the longest widest boat you can. capacity is not a spec worth talking about and weight might be the same, but the lsv should have longer seat bases to hide more weight. flow has been talked about coming for the lsv in the short term.

based on your statements, it sounds like you already have yourself talked into the mondo. in that case, go for it. both are great boats...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
    If you like the leftover I would get it and have the Flow added once it comes out. Does your dealer still have a build slot for the Mondo, if not it might be a long wait.
    He has some Mondos in stock and just the one 2013 LSV. I am not talked into the Mondo yet just like the color better and like the shape also a year newer, But I had no complaints about my LSV, I had either. I agree the extra length should help surf wave but I am not a die hard. this will be a family boat so I need vesatility at a flip of a switch with out having to add etra ballast. Plus I get tired after about 10 min LOL. Before yesterday I was looking at used Malibus, But no one has taken care of the boats so that led me back to new stuff.

The Flow will be available for the LSV pretty soon I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius22 View Post
    is the shape of the lsv hull the same as the xlv 2012 Hull? It should fit right
    sorry for the hijack
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius22 View Post
    Yes it is set to be released for LSV but then I do not think it would be free like the deal on the Mondo currently.