Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Woody929 View Post
    Mine is through ACE www.acegroup.com. I had progressive with my old boat, and their rates were crazy for the LSV. Ace has been great to deal with. I use a broker though, not sure if you go directly to them or not.
    I have ACE as well. After hearing everyone on another thread talk about ski safe, I inquired with them and they couldn't touch the rates I was getting with ACE. The rest of my cars/home is with State Farm and they couldn't touch my ACE rates either.

I have a good friend that is with a company called "Boat Insurance Company" and they are brokers and he hooked me up with the best deal (which ended up being ACE).

http://www.boatinsurance.net/

Ask for Jeremy and tell him that Trayson referred you.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Mine is through USAA who outsources it out to Progressive. I haven't had any issues with them and my rates are around $370 for the year after my accident at the end of the season last year. I have all my insurance for everything through USAA and they are awesome. I am switching my banking and everything over to them. If you can get USAA I would suggest it.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

Irish -- you almost pegged my situation exactly..........USAA before (with my old Sea-Ray) and then transitioned over to Progressive. The first year everything was great as were the rates ($322 for the '13 OBV and $150 for '11 Sea-Doo GTS 130), but then both rates jump up almost 25% to $398 and $185 respectively. With no accidents or claims of any kind!!

From the rates I'm hearing from you guys, $400 a yr doesn't sound bad at all but the 25% jump is the more disturbing change...
    Last edited by mikenehrkorn; 04-02-2014 at 02:15 PM.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

insurance is a funny thing and hard to really compare(although I never have an issue tossing mine out)..

really boils down to carriers want to take on more risk, insured's product, record, credit score, location/usage and ultimately the amount of coverage/deductible they sign up for.

I see some very high rates at $500/yr but they may be carrying 1m in coverage where I might only have 300k in liability for my $350 bill. too many variables to do an apples to apples comparison.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    insurance is a funny thing and hard to really compare(although I never have an issue tossing mine out)..

really boils down to carriers want to take on more risk, insured's product, record, credit score, location/usage and ultimately the amount of coverage/deductible they sign up for.

I see some very high rates at $500/yr but they may be carrying 1m in coverage where I might only have 300k in liability for my $350 bill. too many variables to do an apples to apples comparison.
    Very true. I tend to carry pretty low deductibles on mine. and insuring my $10k boat is different than insuring someone's $60k boat.

That's why I didn't mention any rates in my post. In my case Ace was the winner and substantially better priced than Ski Safe or any of the other options my broker considered. I guess more than anything, that says to a shopper "at least consider Ace when you're narrowing down your shopping choices".

Again, another glowing endorsement for Jeremy at Boat Insurance Company. He did all the work of comparison shopping for me.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

If you have a New Moomba or Supra and you go through Boat US then you get extended Drive Train warranty, I think its 4 years.

I had them the last 5 years but this year switched to Allstate because the deductible was 1/2 and now everything is with one company. The rate is about 50 a year more though.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I live in Dora Al. Smith lake is my home lake

Default Insurance

Progressive $340 a year on a 2013 LSV

2013 Moomba LSV
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David

Default Insurance

Man, I was getting the shaft from Progressive at $550 a year!!! I started reading all these replies from you guys, figured what the hell I'll check out ski-safe.... Filled out the quote... Got the same coverage as progressive BUT AT $260!!!! That's $300 a year I'll be saving! Thanks for the advice fellas!!!
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

I just finished going through this. Hope the information helps.

'14 Mondo policy through Boaters Insurance

Property (Type - Amount of Insurance - Deductible)
    - Boat & Equipment - Amt. of insurance $69k - Deductible $690
    - Trailer - 6k - $91
    - Personal Effects - 5k - $150
    - Towing Reimbursement - $500 - None

Liability - $300k - No ded.
    Pollution Liability - $854k
    Medical Payments - $10k
    Uninsured Boaters - $300k

Other Notes
    - laid up from 11/01 to 03/01
    - 2 additional years engine warranty through Indmar (this was the selling point for me)
    - 5 Year Total loss replacement on boat

Annual Premium - $600

I have my house, cars, other boat with Safeco and they were at the same annual premium even with multi-policy discount.

CJ
    2014 Moomba Mondo - Exile Tower/Sub/ZLD/EXBT4/Amps (2x), Hertz Cabin - Evolution Cover - 650 IBS, 900s Rear, Center Hard Tank, Flow
    1969 Bayliner Tahiti - 120 HP Force Outboard - Gone but not forgotten

Just remember folks, just because you save more now doesn't mean you pay more later.

You don't remember or judge an Insurance Company by how well they treated you with no claim. You judge and remember them after you file a claim.

I had Boat US on the Mojo last year, changed to Allstate this year but I had a claim pop up on the Mojo from Last year.

Allstate wouldn't pay it because the claim technically happened during BoatUS coverage. I filed a claim though my Now Closed account to US boats, explained why the claim wasn't filed for 5 months, they understood, paid the estimate with no inspection, no hassle, no worries.

Allstate on the other hand would have done the same, their concern was this claim fell under the old boat insurance coverage period. I almost Droped Allstate though because I disclosed this info before switching and Allstate said they would cover it. In the end BoatUS covered it.

I like that Boat US is extending the warranty on the SC brand boats. For me it doesn't matter because my boat loan came with 5 year extended warranty on the boat that includes everything not just my drive train.

My point is, be very careful when you choose these insurance companies, you might be saving more per year on your coverage but when you have a claim, and YOU WILL you want it to be seamless and painless, you will already be stressed and worried about your baby that's in the shop.
    Last edited by mmandley; 04-03-2014 at 12:50 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]