Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default OZ HD tower on 2014 Mondo

Anyone has seen the thread below?

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....n-lowered-down

Does anyone has tried that on a Mondo? Is it the same? I will have to adjust the cable for sure if I want to fit the boat in my garage...
    Sampp

2014 Mondo

Could be worst
    From nice Québec..

Sampp, Just had some time to check out my Mondo on the trailer.
    From the factory the screw looks to have adjustment of about an 1" or so.
    Currently my tower is at 84.5" but the jack is high. I should have more time this week to adjust and get her under the 83" I hope. The problem I have is the fixed racks on the upper points will have to come off, not sure if I will order a second set of swivel or what at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
    Sampp, Just had some time to check out my Mondo on the trailer.
    From the factory the screw looks to have adjustment of about an 1" or so.
    Currently my tower is at 84.5" but the jack is high. I should have more time this week to adjust and get her under the 83" I hope. The problem I have is the fixed racks on the upper points will have to come off, not sure if I will order a second set of swivel or what at this point.
    I think mine is up to 7'3" with the wake tow on top of the tower. I didn't have à l'éveil when I to ok the measure.
    I'm thinking about butine some smaller wheel and tire and swap just before backing the boat in the garage.
    My new boat is still at the dealer, so not that easy to make some other measures...
    Sampp

2014 Mondo

Could be worst
    From nice Québec..

I did not look at the wake tow point, will have to look at that too.

It won't go in the garage due to the tower tow point. Might look at dropping the trailer closer to the tires. Think there was a how to on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sampp1963 View Post
    Anyone has seen the thread below?

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....n-lowered-down

Does anyone has tried that on a Mondo? Is it the same? I will have to adjust the cable for sure if I want to fit the boat in my garage...
    Should be the same, you can lower quite a bite. I am pretty sure it is only one size OZ tower ('14) that is used for the all boats. That being said you will have different lowering levels between a Mojo and a Mondo since the cabin area is a little smaller on the Mondo.

What axles do you have on the trailer, torsion or springs?

Quote Originally Posted by mcdye View Post
    I am pretty sure it is only one size OZ tower ('14) that is used for the all boats.
    LSV, Mondo & Mojo all have the larger diameter tower (know as HD in 2013) while the Outback V still uses the smaller diameter tower.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdye View Post
    Should be the same, you can lower quite a bite. I am pretty sure it is only one size OZ tower ('14) that is used for the all boats. That being said you will have different lowering levels between a Mojo and a Mondo since the cabin area is a little smaller on the Mondo.

What axles do you have on the trailer, torsion or springs?
    On my Mondo it hits the dash and still has adjustment on the screw. Does the tower hit the dash on the LSV or Mojo. No way it fits in a 7 foot door. Going to call boatmate in the am.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
    On my Mondo it hits the dash and still has adjustment on the screw. Does the tower hit the dash on the LSV or Mojo. No way it fits in a 7 foot door. Going to call boatmate in the am.
    On a '14 Mojo (OZ HD), adjusting the tension cable from the factory setting, the tower will hit the dash. (This is a tower without the HD lowering assist mechanism.)

If you have a spring axle trailer there is no option to lower the trailer without changing wheels, lower tires pressure, etc... If you have a torsion axle you have the option of moving the torsion arm, bringing the tire closer to the fender well. I have not personally done this but have read about others doing it on other forums.

Here is a shot of '14 Mojo and the tower (OZ HD) adjusted as low as possible without hitting the dash. The bimini sleeve in the tower tubing hits the outer edge of the dash.

A 7 foot door w Mojo, can if be done, might not be easy but is possible.

DashTower.jpg