Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Warm/Cold Weather Advice

Weather is suppose to be high 60s low 70s this weekend. I really want to take my boat out and try my new drysuit, the only problem is the low temperature for Monday is going to be in the low 20s. I keep my boat in a metal shed and worry that it will freeze up if I take it out. I don't have any electricity to put a heat lamp in. Should i take my boat out? If I do what can I do to prevent, it from freezing?
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Quote Originally Posted by snyderaaron View Post
    Weather is suppose to be high 60s low 70s this weekend. I really want to take my boat out and try my new drysuit, the only problem is the low temperature for Monday is going to be in the low 20s. I keep my boat in a metal shed and worry that it will freeze up if I take it out. I don't have any electricity to put a heat lamp in. Should i take my boat out? If I do what can I do to prevent, it from freezing?
    I would lean on the side that says no. I guess how cold is it supposed to get there and how long will that cold temperature last. If it only hits 28 for an hour then warms back up to 50 in the afternoon I wouldn't think the block and hoses would freeze solid enough to burst.

I have been thinking the same thing here in GA. I am about to buy a dry suit thanks to the wonderful advice on this website but still a little nervous it will get cold again and stay cold.

Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post
    I would lean on the side that says no. I guess how cold is it supposed to get there and how long will that cold temperature last. If it only hits 28 for an hour then warms back up to 50 in the afternoon I wouldn't think the block and hoses would freeze solid enough to burst.

I have been thinking the same thing here in GA. I am about to buy a dry suit thanks to the wonderful advice on this website but still a little nervous it will get cold again and stay cold.
    Looks like a high of 45 and low of 25.
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Default Warm/Cold Weather Advice

Personally I would hold off

Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post
    Personally I would hold off
    Thats not what I wanted to hear
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

I would have to agree and err on the side of caution
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Is I take the drain plugs out of the engine and disconnect the hoses, will this prevent it?
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Remove the J hose at your water pump and blow out the heater lines if you have them.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    Remove the J hose at your water pump and blow out the heater lines if you have them.
    Is that everything, might try to pull it back to my garage too and hook up some heat lamps
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

What's more important? The drysuit working or the motor working? Save it for a day or two! The water isn't going to warm up as fast as the air is. If you have no means to put heat of some sort under the motor box to keep the temp above freezing you're playing with fire.
    Of course you could also run 15 gallons of antifreeze through your motor via a fake lake too if you want?
    2014 Centurion Carbon Pro

2004 Ski Nautique 196 LE - SOLD
    2004 Outback DD - SOLD
    1995 Supra TSM6 Comp - SOLD

2017 - 67" Radar Lithium Vapor Pro Build w/ Radar Vapor Boa Bindings

Stay STACKED & Pull HARD!!!