Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I completely agree with your statement if you are looking at the convenience factor. And I definitely consider myself lucky to have a place right on the water -- it pays to marry into the right family!!

But if the main issue is the blistering then it would make absolutely no difference whether the wet-slip was at a marina or at a residence.

And I also agree with your "decide for yourself" comment...........this is getting close to the religious or political question in which the only real opinion that matters is yours and no one else's opinion makes any difference in the least.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Default Boat slip vs dry dock

I could never leave my boat out, in the elements, with dang near anyone having access to it at the marina. I'm somewhat fortunate to live a mile from the ramp and my storage unit is just a mile further than that. don't even get me on gas prices at marinas vs. gas stations on the side of the toad

Sent from my iP5s on an app called tapatalk 2
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

kinda wish I had this problem
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Default Re: Boat slip vs dry dock

Nothing like the shock of a $179 stop at the gas dock...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

My lake is too small for a marina / gas dock, but I would probably be too cheap anyway..........I just haul my 4-5 6gal gas cans back and forth to the gas station. That shock is more than enough for me, especially with multiple trips on a busy weekend!!
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Default Re: Boat slip vs dry dock

I have my regular riders trained, they bring 5 gallons, even got them quick fill cans..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Dry slip all the way. hahahha just kidding do what you want you heard my concerns. I am very fortunate that there is a marina that pulls it out of the water for me and puts it back in for less money than a typical wet slip. I am a little nervous seeing my boat get carried around by a guy on a fork lift though.

I like the gas can shift here, has anyone used one of those 15 gallon caddies with the built in pump thing? I was looking at them and wondered if I would be there all day trying to fill up the boat. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...5161_200325161

How fast is that VP can? I am also getting sick of paying 180 for a fill up. I hate paying for the extra expense but love the convenience and wont pull it out of the water just to refill.

Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post
    Dry slip all the way. hahahha just kidding do what you want you heard my concerns. I am very fortunate that there is a marina that pulls it out of the water for me and puts it back in for less money than a typical wet slip. I am a little nervous seeing my boat get carried around by a guy on a fork lift though.

I like the gas can shift here, has anyone used one of those 15 gallon caddies with the built in pump thing? I was looking at them and wondered if I would be there all day trying to fill up the boat. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...5161_200325161

How fast is that VP can? I am also getting sick of paying 180 for a fill up. I hate paying for the extra expense but love the convenience and wont pull it out of the water just to refill.
    The VP cans are heavy duty and hold almost 6 gallons, a little on the expensive side but they last longer and are easier to use and no stupid EPA anti spilling devices to spill everything.

If you hold the can upright it'll empty pretty quick, 1-2 minutes? I'm not really sure, with a full can it seems like an eternity due to the weight. I usually kink the hose, insert the hose into the gas fill then lay the can on it's side, the can will drain by itself while I'm getting the boat ready..

I use the same VP gas cans and I have an automotive pump fuel pump with hoses attached to pump the fuel into the boat. I've had problems with the O ring seal popping out of the groove but a silicone spray fixed it.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    I use the same VP gas cans and I have an automotive pump fuel pump with hoses attached to pump the fuel into the boat. I've had problems with the O ring seal popping out of the groove but a silicone spray fixed it.
    What pump is that? Electric?

Be nice if you could mount the pump in the boat and use some sort of quick connect to the gas can..