Default CIPA Vision 180 vs. Extreme: time to compare

I couldn't decide based on internet reviews which mirror I'll like better. So I bought both and will pick the one I like best.

Decisions, decisions!!!

Thanks Amazon.com

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I tried both of them and had them literally one on top of the other while out on the water. (I shoulda taken a pic of how it would look when looking out of both of them.)

I liked the 180 Vision. That's the one I'll keep.

It definitely has more panoramic landscape to it. The extreme is cool and very clear, but I liked the extra field of view. Plus not having to fiddle with the sides is better.

The look of the Vision is VERY similar to watching a go-pro video.

I only snapped a couple shots. This one was while driving back at about 30 mph.

Here is one that my buddy snapped of me while I was surfing:
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I had the Extreme on past boat and was debating what to get next. I liked the Extreme but the new wide vision ones had my attention. Thanks for the review, you helped with my decision.

PTM?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

I had the Cipa Extreame on my LSV let me know what your into it for, I might be interested in grabbing it from you since we are local.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I had the Cipa Extreame on my LSV let me know what your into it for, I might be interested in grabbing it from you since we are local.
    Well, honestly I could just return it to Amazon for the same money I paid for it. But if you wanna meet up and take it off my hands, I could do that too.

Also, there's a thread that I have going on WW where there's at least a couple people that have Extremes that they'd love to offload and get the Vision 180 instead. My "finders fee" for setting you up with one of those peeps would be a surf ride behind your beast of a Mojo!!!

BTW, you gonna be at Demo days this Saturday? I can't wait to try out various surf system boats!
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    PTM?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
    Lots of people bring up the PTM. However, it's more than twice the price and I'm not willing to throw that kind of cheddar at a mirror, so it's never been in the equation. I know the PTM Edge is 140 degrees and the CIPA vision is 180. Beyond that, I've never seen a PTM Edge in person and really don't need to as I am pretty happy with my Vision 180.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Well, honestly I could just return it to Amazon for the same money I paid for it. But if you wanna meet up and take it off my hands, I could do that too.

Also, there's a thread that I have going on WW where there's at least a couple people that have Extremes that they'd love to offload and get the Vision 180 instead. My "finders fee" for setting you up with one of those peeps would be a surf ride behind your beast of a Mojo!!!

BTW, you gonna be at Demo days this Saturday? I can't wait to try out various surf system boats!
    Fair enough man, I can get one from Amazon just the same. Also your always welcome to surf behind our Mojo.

Demo days is on the fence, I have Saturday off, and a buddy wants to head down but Claudia doesn't sound like she wants to go. If she doesn't go then no point in bringing my boat out.

I will how ever been down at 10th a lot this summer though so I know we can meet up at that point. If your willing to drive to Hagg your also always welcome.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Fair enough man, I can get one from Amazon just the same. Also your always welcome to surf behind our Mojo.

Demo days is on the fence, I have Saturday off, and a buddy wants to head down but Claudia doesn't sound like she wants to go. If she doesn't go then no point in bringing my boat out.

I will how ever been down at 10th a lot this summer though so I know we can meet up at that point. If your willing to drive to Hagg your also always welcome.
    I would be coming from Vancouver, so either is a bit of a trek, but not out of the question. I would love to get out and ride with you some. My direct drive is by all means surfable, but not even in the same hemisphere as your mojo!

Also, here's my WW thread: http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=802043 There were a couple people on there that seemed like they'd be down to offload their extreme. of course, for the $20 you might save, it's probably not worth the hassle when you can just clickity click on Amazon and have it with a quickness. Hell, I ordered my mirror on Monday with my Mom's Amazon Prime and had it on my boat on Wed.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I know just the day to get together!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!