Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Boat slip vs dry dock

I don't have it in me to paint up my supra lol. We have bottom paint on our fishing boat and that's hard enough to get over. It definitely helps with the scum though

If I had to trailer every time, I would not boat, so wet slip is the only option!!!
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Default Re: Boat slip vs dry dock

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    If I had to trailer every time, I would not boat, so wet slip is the only option!!!
    I get the feeling some people own boats but are afraid to use them. I spend my time using the boat rather than worrying about something that might happen, and if it does you fix it and move on...

I put 120+ hours last season, if you want to spend as much time possible boating, a slip is the best way.. No one says you need to leave it in the slip continuously, pull it out whenever you want..The first few times I left it in I was nervous, but doing anything new that's too be expected..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

smitty, I hope you're happy................it seems you have started the next holy war!!!
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    I get the feeling some people own boats but are afraid to use them. I spend my time using the boat rather than worrying about something that might happen, and if it does you fix it and move on...

I put 120+ hours last season, if you want to spend as much time possible boating, a slip is the best way.. No one says you need to leave it in the slip continuously, pull it out whenever you want..The first few times I left it in I was nervous, but doing anything new that's too be expected..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    sorry I am spoiled. I use the trailer twice a year. and it sits in our hoist at the lake house in between weekends and vacation use
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Can we move onto something more important?!?! Like trailing with the cover on vs off... lol..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Haha. Well hopefully I'll be living on a lake in the next couple years so won't have to worry about it. Just need to decide where...

Quote Originally Posted by mikenehrkorn View Post
    smitty, I hope you're happy................it seems you have started the next holy war!!!
    Just be happy I didn't ask which is better, exile or wetsounds lol.

In better news, just finished installing my new sub and custom box. Onto the ballast upgrade and I'll be set for summer.

For those of you speaking about wet-slipping AT YOUR RESIDENCE on the water need not contribute, come on that is a whole different story than wet-slipping at a marina. Not even in the same realm. Consider yourselves very fortunate. OP, you're going to get two sides of opinions on this or any question you ask. Decide for yourself.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Can we move onto something more important?!?! Like trailing with the cover on vs off... lol..
    I'll bite and derail the thread.

After towing the boat back from the river in a sand storm outside of Palm Springs yesterday I recommend towing with a cover on. I have spent hours today removing sand from every nook and cranny.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there