View Poll Results: Which answer best describes your activites when your baby is running?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wakeboard most of the time.

8 15.09%
  • Wakesurf most of the time.

10 18.87%
  • 50/50 Wakeboard and Wakesurf

8 15.09%
  • Wakeboard all day till tired, then surf some.

8 15.09%
  • Ski baby ski!

1 1.89%
  • 50/50 Ski and wakeboard.

2 3.77%
  • 50/50 Ski and wakesurf????

3 5.66%
  • Crossover heaven- equal thirds, ski, wakeboard, surf.

12 22.64%
  • We are tubers!!!!!!!!!!

1 1.89%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

When I was in my early 30's taking a header or faceplant was something I could usually shake off, numb with a beer, and keep going. Only feel it a little the next day. In my late 30's those same stunts put me in the hospital once, out of commission more than once, and thinking I had been hit by a truck when I woke up the next morning.

Now that I'm starting into the 40's I'm thinking we'll see more surfing and a few "I can still do it" WB passes when the water is PERFECT.

What about playing on the surfboard at WB length at around 15mph? We were doing that a lot last summer and it was pretty fun. Long live the skurfer!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I just passed the 50 mark last year and my knees/body just can't take the pounding any more. I will wakeboard once or twice a year but mainly to show myself that I can still do it. Same with the slalom.

Surfing was the main reason we bought our Moomba -- let the kids kill themselves on the wakeboard and I'm just fine with the 6" fall from the surf board going a blazing 10 mph!!! That my body can still handle.....

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    What about playing on the surfboard at WB length at around 15mph? We were doing that a lot last summer and it was pretty fun. Long live the skurfer!
    ^^^^ That is an interesting idea, we'll have to give that a try this season!!
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Default Moomba/Supra Owners Water Activities Poll

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I think it would interesting for peoples ages to be listed as well to see if the difference in boarding to surfing changes with an age increase or decrease...
    34 here. Surf most of the time because it is easier on the body.

First time up on a Wakeboard was 4 years ago. I wish I had known how fun wakeboarding is when I was 16 and in shape. I feel too old to push my limits now. I still have to show up at work and earn a paycheck to keep the kids fed.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

This is starting to sound like an AARP recruiting meeting!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I'm in my early 40's as well. I guess I'm fortunate in that I started wakeboarding in 1997 when I was still in my 20's. I pretty much got myself up to my current level of skill way back then. Even when I was young and invincible, I gave up on trying inverts because it hurt too much slapping my face.

I have to wonder what things would have been like if I'd had today's technology back then.

We were on a 96 MB Sports Boss 200. I finally threw down and bought a Sklon extended pole but that was it. There was no "ballast" much less systems. There wasn't any "non-stretch" wake line. And our boards were my Neptune Impala and my buddy's Neptune GTO with the hyperlite wrap bindings where you'd stick your fingers in the holes and stuff your feet in.

But I guess it's good that I got to my current level early, and just held it forever. Better than having to fight my way up to it while I'm fighting against my body...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I just turned 40. However, the main reason I have a boat is Tyler is only 13. Thats why we bought the first boat in 2010 when he learned to wakeboard.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post

I have to wonder what things would have been like if I'd had today's technology back then.
    Don't we all. Had I been able to afford a boat like this in my 20's my skill level may be different today.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default Moomba/Supra Owners Water Activities Poll

Wish I would have started wake boarding earlier on in life too. I know what you mean about not being able to tear your body up so you can earn a pay check. That seems to be one of the advantages of an office job...you can go to work on crutches!

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD