Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I just ordered a drysuit for this season that will be here on Monday. I know we would go boating the first nice and convenient day. We would use a wetsuit and I always felt like it was still cold. Then we would hold off going for another month because it was so cold. Going to see how the drysuit works this year , hopfully next Saturday or sunday
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

I got an oneill boost drysuit for Christmas and just tried it out yesterday in 50 degree water temp. It was awesome!!! I was not cold at all. If you don't have wetsuit gloves or socks then your hands and feet will still get cold, but my body was not cold at all. I have a wetsuit and used it in 60 degree water and while it made it more comfortable I couldn't wait to get pulled out of the water and dreaded falling. Yesterday, I was just floating in the water astonished by how I wasn't cold at all. If you have it in the budget to spend a little more, then the drysuit is absolutely the way to go (in my opinion).
    -Andy

2012 Mobius LSV

The two types of drysuit: baggy and hybrid. I had the hybrid with tight legs. If I were to buy one again, it would be a baggy one. You can wear different things under it to keep warm. Also, when you pull it off, you are dry and dressed to stay warm.

Wetsuits are OK, but when water temps get into the 50s and lower, the drysuit will save you a lot of burnt energy.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Same thoughts as Ian. Started with a wetsuit that now just collects dust after getting a drysuit. I have an O'neill Boost with neoprene seals and love it! Their customer service rocks, too.

Quote Originally Posted by snyderaaron View Post
    I just ordered a drysuit for this season that will be here on Monday. I know we would go boating the first nice and convenient day. We would use a wetsuit and I always felt like it was still cold. Then we would hold off going for another month because it was so cold. Going to see how the drysuit works this year , hopfully next Saturday or sunday
    Which one did you order if you don't mind me asking?

O'neil Boost Dry Suit all the way! I've had one for years and love the warmth. Put on a lightweight pair of sweats and you are good to go. Sometimes you can get a little water around the wrists, ankles, or neck but not much.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

[QUOTE=chadjitsu1;238240]Which one did you order if you don't mind me asking?[/QUOTE

Oneill Boost, they had it on sale for St Pattys Dale for 359
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

What maintenance do you guys do for drysuits?
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

[QUOTE=snyderaaron;238249]
    Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post
    Which one did you order if you don't mind me asking?[/QUOTE

Oneill Boost, they had it on sale for St Pattys Dale for 359
    Looks like there are 2 votes for the boost. How do you wear sweat pants under that though, It looks like the bottom is a wetsuit and the top is a drysuit from the pictures I have been looking at. It looks like the bottom is super tight. It also looks like wakemakers sells these so maybe I can get a deal with the moomba code if anyone wants to send it to me. I think I should be a shareholder in that place by now with the amount of money I spent last year. Total ballast upgrade with all the goodies.

The oneil boost takes me down to frozen water. I wear under armor cold weather gear underneath. For water temps< 45 I have a neoprene hat and gloves. Most years I go from dry suit (water temp<55) to shortie (55-62) to trunks (>62). For me the only advantage of the wetsuit is that it catches less wind while skiing but for wake boarding I would go dry until trunk weather.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float