Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wakesurfing with two people

I have a question , i have moomba mobius lsv 2007 with GIII with 400 x 2 in rear locker and 1000 in the center. I would like to know what is the best set up for wakesurfing with only two people ( driver and surfer). Thank you

bigger bag in the rear surf side, no weight on the non surf side
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Throw some weight in the bow, too. Either an IBS or sac on the seat.

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    bigger bag in the rear surf side, no weight on the non surf side

This is your best bet for instant improvement

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius22 View Post
    This is your best bet for instant improvement
    If i change the original 400lbs for 750 do you think its ok or i need more weight?

Quote Originally Posted by bouldozer View Post
    If i change the original 400lbs for 750 do you think its ok or i need more weight?

the 750 will fit great in the rear locker, then take and repurpose that 400 bag, get a tsunami portable pump and fitting to fill and drain and use the 400 in the bow walkway-it fits perfectly there.

that's what I would do as I ran that setup for a summer
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Wakemakers has a kit for you to make it simple:

http://www.wakemakers.com/supra-and-...r-upgrade.html
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Throw some weight in the bow, too. Either an IBS or sac on the seat.
    I also have a 07 and you absolutely need to have weight in the nose of the boat for surfing. It will just wash out if you don't. I run 1100's in each rear locker 400 in the ski locker and IBS in the front. 99% of the time its just 2 of us going out so I fill the surf side all the way up so the hatch starts to open, fill the non surf side to about 300lb and completely fill the IBS and locker.

You will need to also put the wake plate all the way up and set PP to about 12 MPH.

That is the exact setup I run and it is a monster wake. I would also think that you could run 750's because I am not 100% convinced that the 1100"s are filling all the way up, I would bet that you could only get about 800lb in them anyway because of space restrictions. I also feel the same way about the IBS. I would bet that I am only getting about 400lb max in that thing too.

I would be very interested in seeing how a locker bag would fit (1 on each side) in the bow under the seats. It seems like there is a lot of space from the back of the bag to the storage area's.

Oh yea and since your upgrading the bags you you might want to upgrade the prop too if you want to use that weight for wakeboarding. You will never get on plane unless you upgrade. I think there are a few for sale on the classifieds. I also think that there is someone selling Jabsco pumps on there. Go Big
    Last edited by chadjitsu1; 03-28-2014 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post
    I also have a 07 and you absolutely need to have weight in the nose of the boat for surfing. It will just wash out if you don't. I run 1100's in each rear locker 400 in the ski locker and IBS in the front. 99% of the time its just 2 of us going out so I fill the surf side all the way up so the hatch starts to open, fill the non surf side to about 300lb and completely fill the IBS and locker.

You will need to also put the wake plate all the way up and set PP to about 12 MPH.

That is the exact setup I run and it is a monster wake. I would also think that you could run 750's because I am not 100% convinced that the 1100"s are filling all the way up, I would bet that you could only get about 800lb in them anyway because of space restrictions. I also feel the same way about the IBS. I would bet that I am only getting about 400lb max in that thing too.

I would be very interested in seeing how a locker bag would fit (1 on each side) in the bow under the seats. It seems like there is a lot of space from the back of the bag to the storage area's.

Oh yea and since your upgrading the bags you you might want to upgrade the prop too if you want to use that weight for wakeboarding. You will never get on plane unless you upgrade. I think there are a few for sale on the classifieds. I also think that there is someone selling Jabsco pumps on there. Go Big
    Thx for information

Sorry for stupid question but what its a IBS bag ? This is the samething than a fat sack?