Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by snyderaaron View Post
    What maintenance do you guys do for drysuits?
    The only thing I do is silicone spray the zipper and keep it in the laundry room on a hanger so it does not dry folded up or left in the boat.

https://www.wileyski.com/shopcategory.asp?catID=84
    Last edited by tnbrooks01; 03-23-2014 at 09:06 PM.
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Think it would be back to just hang it from the tower on the boat so its ready for next time?
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Think it would be back to just hang it from the tower on the boat so its ready for next time?
    Im sure that would be fine if temps dont get to harsh.
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Once a year I wax the zipper and twice a year I apply the silicone latex conditioner to the seals. I'm pretty sure the silicone seal conditioner is the same silicone "latex conditioner" used for other "household purposes"
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

[QUOTE=chadjitsu1;238251]

Looks like there are 2 votes for the boost. How do you wear sweat pants under that though, It looks like the bottom is a wetsuit and the top is a drysuit from the pictures I have been looking at. It looks like the bottom is stuper tight. It also looks like wakemakers sells these so maybe I can get a deal with the moomba code if anyone wants to send it to me. I think I should be a shareholder in that place by now with the amount of money I spent last year. Total ballast upgrade with all the goodies.
    The drysuit with the tight legs is the Oneill Assault. The drysuit that is baggy throughout is the Oneill Boost. The Assualt is actually a hybrid drysuit, half wet suit (legs) half drysuit (top). The Boost is a full dry suit. I wear sweatpants and a neoprene top under my Boost for warmth. I thought the drysuit was going to be more restrictng than my wetsuit but I actually found the opposite to be true. I can't say enough good things about dry suits. The wetsuit extended my season by about a month on each end. The drysuit is going to extend it by about two months on each end.
    -Andy

2012 Mobius LSV

Just got my Oneill Boost today, of course put cold water in the bathtub to try it out and didn't feel a thing. Absolutely going to try it this weekend.
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

I have three Oneill Boost's dry suits. One Small, one Medium and one Large. Great customer service. I had the zipper and one of the seals start coming apart after 4 years. Sent it back to them with my receipt (Yes I keep my receipts on items like this) and two weeks later I had a new one at my door step.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Anyway to zip them up easier? I put the lubricant on a few times and it's still a little rough. Is it always like this
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Default Re: Wet or Dry, that is the question

Anyway to zip them up easier? I put the lubricant on a few times and it's still a little rough. Is it always like this
    My sons suit is 1.5 yrs old and he cant zip it up himself. In other news, that zipper doesnt leak.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

[QUOTE=chadjitsu1;238251]

Looks like there are 2 votes for the boost. How do you wear sweat pants under that though, It looks like the bottom is a wetsuit and the top is a drysuit from the pictures I have been looking at. It looks like the bottom is super tight. It also looks like wakemakers sells these so maybe I can get a deal with the moomba code if anyone wants to send it to me. I think I should be a shareholder in that place by now with the amount of money I spent last year. Total ballast upgrade with all the goodies.
    I got my o'neill boost drysuit on the black friday sale at Wakemakers. Before that Active Water Sports had the best price around, but now wakemakers has the same posted price as AWS and with the forum discount, the WM is by far the best deal.

That said, I have had an O'neill farmer john and jacket wetsuit forever. It actually had a front half zip on the "john" and zips on the back of the ankles. Makes it super easy to get on. The jacket is a front zip. I haven't seen a wetsuit like mine in ages. Mine was made for water skiing and most are made for ocean surfing. So the zippers I have aren't practical for ocean surfing. I wore my wetsuit down to water temps in the low 50's. I also have a pair of water socks that I believe are made out of neoprene or something like that. They are thin enough that I can totally wear them in my wakeboard bindings. They don't provide a ton of insulation, but every bit helps.

Now the above pic was taken on November 1 and the water temp was 52 if I remember right. It felt COLD and I wasn't all that comfortable. It sucked when my set was done and I had to deal with getting wet gear off. Brr.

Like I said, I got my drysuit and went out on Jan 1 for a NYD run in I believe 42 degree water. I wore my neopreme socks (on the outside of my ankles) and also wore a mountain hardwear tight fitting beanie. I also had some neoprene gloves from a kayak expedition I once did.

This is me on the NYD run:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFyAK_PIEA8

After that run I bought myself some real neopreme booties for surfing and a neoprene cap that covers my ears with a chin strap.

I'm a wimp when it comes to cold water, so I'm sure I'll enjoy my drysuit. I know I have always worn my wetsuit when many others would just wear shorts. I don't care, I've got nothing to prove!
    Last edited by trayson; 03-26-2014 at 04:36 PM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com