Default Help With Domain Name

Need a solution for retaining my domain name.

I registered the name three years ago with Google. Each year since, it renewed automatically with an American Express card on file with Google. The card on file expired this month and I have been unable to access my Google Administrator Account to update with new card information. The domain renewal comes up in ten days. No current card on file, no auto renewal, and no domaine name.

There is absolutely no one at Google. No customer service support. No help. No one to call. No one with whom to have a live or digital chat. There is a forum, but so far no one has responded to my plea for help. So, I am hoping there is a way to register my domain name with another provider. But, I have to wonder what kind of problem, if any, I will run into trying to prove that this is my domain name, currently registered through Google.

Looking for any guidance on 1) finding someone at Google who can help me access my administrator account to update the card information and 2) an alternative to Google and how to prove ownership so I can register and retaon my domain name. It supports a hobby I turned into an online retail business.

Thanks, guys!!!!
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Default Re: Help With Domain Name

Try who its registered with, do a whois lookup, that may provide the owner..

From Google:

Google itself doesn't register or host domain names. But we've partnered with companies including*GoDaddy.com*and*eNom.com*who*offer domain registration and hosting to our customers.

When you purchase a domain during sign-up, you get an account—outside of Google—with one of these partners. Here, they host your domain’s*DNS records, which*are used to do things like set up mail for your users*and create your business web addresses.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Did you have a 3rd party helping with your domain and registration that you could contact? As stated above, google doesn't host any domain names. However, your @email domain address may go thru gmail.com which is a google service that you may be confusing this with as your host provider. You will still need to figure out who is hosting it if it expires. There is an accounts recovery process that you can go thru, but it is painful and your website or email will go down after it expires and the recovery process can take a couple weeks. Figure it out now before it become a serious problem!
    2013 Mobius LSV
    2004 Centurion T5

Got it done. Appreciate the help. Thanks, guys.
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

What did you have to do?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    What did you have to do?

Getting access to my Google Administrator Account was a matter of reaching the login site. The difficulty was getting past the Gmail login. My mistake was not understanding instructions for accessing a second account. I could say something about how, even though simple, instructions are poorly written, but won't. Once in the Admin account, updating the card information was easy. My domain name registration auto renews every May, so having current card information on file is vital. Won't have this hurdle for another four years.

With the domain renewal complete, I turned attention to getting my web site back in production. That was a separate issue. I had not paid attention to emails from the web host, telling me that going forward it would direct bill to a credit card for the monthly service rather than auto debit my bank account. Given that I did not provide the web host with a card to bill, it suspended my site. After figuring this out with help from tech support, I provided the needed card information and the site was put back in production. The web host service and bank were at one point a joint venture. No longer.

The last twelve months were focused on the new job in Virginia and finding a house for the family. No time to keep up with much of anything else, which led to these details being ignored by me. With the new job learning curve and purchase of the house now behind, I can reconnect with my little hobby/business and spend time on the water. It's all good.
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

Deerfield, i'm sure i'm not the only one curious about this but what is your website?
    07 Outback DD