Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cigars n scotch View Post
    Wow man you have a really interesting job I tell ya. What happens when you hit storms and rough seas while on that thing? And what in the world do you do on a ship for 25 days? I imagine you're working during the day to at least pass some time?

Very cool thanks for sharing. Makes my desk job seem so boring.
    Well in the case of a storm and rough seas we are equipped with some weather radar equipment so we can get a pretty good idea of the weather where we are headed. We can make slight course and speed variations to try and avoid major weather events but in the event of something we can't dodge then we just deal with it. Before we left our last location the crew was going around the whole ship tieing down anything that could move or fall over due to rough seas and all the drip pipe has been laid down out of the derrick to lower our center or gravity. It is a pretty big ship so we can take some rough weather, if the waves start washing over the main deck my personal strategy is just to stay inside lol.

As far as what I will do for 25 days, we have some maintenance on our equipment that needs to be done, I have made up a check list and myself and my helper are just working our way through it a little a day. I have 4 million dollar cement pump that needs to pur like a kitten by the time we get to our next location so today we will actually be tearing down and rebuilding an 18,000 psi high pressure pump.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

David, that is damn cool!!! It's pretty awesome to see all the different things people do for a living.
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Fun times. My sister started with Exxon and now works for Anadarko. She's the one that finds the oil so you guys can put your rigs on it.

Also have another friend that puts up large rigs. He's in TX all the time (and AK and Mexico). Interesting stuff.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cigars n scotch View Post
    Wow man you have a really interesting job I tell ya.

Very cool thanks for sharing. Makes my desk job seem so boring.
    ^^ This. Definitely this.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default Crossing the pacific!!!

So an update with the trip. We got into some rough seas last night, aprox 30 ft swells and upon hitting one the shackle on life boat two broke. So we have been shut down for about 10 hours while trying to figure out what to do with the life boat. The decision was just made to get back underway and hope the lifeboat holds on till we get somewhere that they can get it off safely. If it comes loose then we will be leaving a large souvenir in the South Pacific...

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Crazy! Stay safe and keep us updated.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

can i be your helper?..im good with tools haha
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

hope y'all don't need the broke LIFE boat to save someone's life

Sent from my iP5s on an app called tapatalk 2
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by jpetty3023 View Post
    hope y'all don't need the broke LIFE boat to save someone's life

Sent from my iP5s on an app called tapatalk 2
    We shouldn't. We have 6 life boats that hold up to 75 people each as well as 4 large life rafts with about the same capacity and a bunch or smaller life rafts around the ship. We have a max crew capacity of 210 and I think there is only about 150 on board right now

Sent from my iPhone
    David

Wife and I watched Captain Phillips last night, are your pirate cages locked? . Good movie if you haven't seen it
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale