Quote Originally Posted by Cigars n scotch View Post
Wow man you have a really interesting job I tell ya. What happens when you hit storms and rough seas while on that thing? And what in the world do you do on a ship for 25 days? I imagine you're working during the day to at least pass some time?

Very cool thanks for sharing. Makes my desk job seem so boring.
Well in the case of a storm and rough seas we are equipped with some weather radar equipment so we can get a pretty good idea of the weather where we are headed. We can make slight course and speed variations to try and avoid major weather events but in the event of something we can't dodge then we just deal with it. Before we left our last location the crew was going around the whole ship tieing down anything that could move or fall over due to rough seas and all the drip pipe has been laid down out of the derrick to lower our center or gravity. It is a pretty big ship so we can take some rough weather, if the waves start washing over the main deck my personal strategy is just to stay inside lol.

As far as what I will do for 25 days, we have some maintenance on our equipment that needs to be done, I have made up a check list and myself and my helper are just working our way through it a little a day. I have 4 million dollar cement pump that needs to pur like a kitten by the time we get to our next location so today we will actually be tearing down and rebuilding an 18,000 psi high pressure pump.