Default Removing the hump under the helm... 06 OBV

Has anyone removed or took down the hump under the helm? regardless of what boat? I have been searching through the threads and have seen a couple of post about doing it, but nothing about "How to" do it.

1.) so first off, I am guessing that it is made out of Fiberglass?

2.) i would assume ( i hate saying that) that there is a floor board underneath the hump?

Thanks in advance!
    B.J. Reed

2006 Moomba OBV

On my 08 I removed the speaker and it was hallow, I could reach from the speaker into the ski locker, and mostly what I could tell it was just the inside of the boat. Filling and such. I did not see any floor inside.

The newer boats, 12 up that have the fiberglass hum can be removed and its all floor.

If you really want to remove it then I would plan to make a filler board to place in the hole, and then extend your carpet. The only other person I know who has really cut into it is Newty.

Maybe send him a PM
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

search my old stereo install threads. I cut mine out. it wasn't hard but was very messy. I found no structural reason to have it installed and looked to be strictly cosmetic and as a place to mount a speaker. took around 30 minutes with a dremel.
    there is floor underneath it. makes a great place to put a custom/prefab speaker box. only downside is that it makes a great footrest. keep that in mind as you plan the box shape...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

sorry, had to look up the old thread. no floor underneath part of it, but it worked out great for box. not sure what your end result is wanting to be to remove it. the 20ssv and the outback v are very close in design so yours should be similar..

good luck
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....d-to-new-tunes
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

bottom line, I bought a prefabbed box that was Rynolined and sealed, and i want to put the sub there. I am thinking about just cutting out part of it, where the box would go, and leave the rest of it. just wanted to see what was there before i started.
    B.J. Reed

2006 Moomba OBV