Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Brand new swivel racks for sale

I have two brand new swivel wakeboard racks (though they might be usable for surf racks as well depending on the size of the board -- ~ 1 1/8" distance between forks) that I picked up at the end of last season to replace my standard racks but I have since found some swivel racks that I prefer instead. They are a set -- one port and one starboard -- though it looks like they can be easily interchanged depending if you want the clamp handle on the bottom or top. It looks like it will work on a 2" to 2 1/2" tower diameter and possibly even smaller than that with rubber spacers. They should be compatiable with both the old style rad-a-cage as well as the Oz towers.

I got a good deal on them -- only $200 each -- and will let them go for the same amount plus shipping. Includes the two racks and all mounting hardware.

Take a look at the pics and let me know if you need any additional dimensions.

$(KGrHqYOKpcFFysFy)lfBRjD9Y56cQ~~60_12.JPG$T2eC16JHJHwE9n8igv!nBRjD9Y4uvw~~60_12.JPGe4y4ezer.jpge9emanuq.jpg
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Here are a couple of pics showing the size of the tower clamp....

a4apedyr.jpgreru3eza.jpg
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

UPDATE: I didn't completely realize what I had but I actually have THREE swivel racks -- two of them have a 1 7/8" mount (one port and one starboard) and the third rack has a 2 3/8" mount. That third rack is marked as port side but they seem to be easy to switch sides if you don't care if the handle is on the top or bottom. My boat is in storage and I haven't tried it yet, but the 1 7/8" mount should be perfect for the Oz tower which I believe is also 1 7/8".

I went back to my receipt and the two 1 7/8" racks were $175 each and the 2 3/8" was only $150, so I will let them go for those prices plus any shipping charges.

Sorry for any confusion.....
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

No interest? I must say these are some solid racks and you will never find a price lower than this on swivel racks...

2013 Outback V
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

I might be interested in the 2 3/8" one. Can you post or pm me pictures of the clamp with the tape measure perfectly measuring the diameter (I have been burned by incorrect measurements for tower clamps before)? Are there rubber gaskets for the clamps? What size box would you ship it in and how heavy is it (roughly) and from what zip code? I am in co- 81423. Thanks.
    Last edited by moombahighrider; 03-23-2014 at 11:50 AM.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Also, photos of the whole piece (not just the tower mount part) would be nice also.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

I have attached a few more pics, but let me know if you need any further.

All of the hardware is included, but there are no rubber gaskets included. The box (for one rack) is only 7" x 7" x 13" and weighs about 12-13 lbs. USPS estimates the shipping from my zip (60564) to yours for $25.

IMG_0779.jpgIMG_0780.jpgIMG_0781.jpgIMG_0782.jpgIMG_0783.jpg

NOTE: Now that I look at the pics, I installed the forks upside down!! One of the nice things about these racks is that you can really adjust them in many different ways..........these show the handle on the bottom but it could also be flipped and mounted on the top.
    Last edited by mikenehrkorn; 03-23-2014 at 02:55 PM.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

How does the handle mechanism work? Is it a 'detent' type application that has certain points that it can lock in at or is it a pressure apple thin that you need to tighten and loosen the handle to stop it from moving, etc?
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

The handle is pretty much a simple screw operation -- turn it one way to tighten and the other to loosen -- and can be tightened in any position. The black handle does have a spring in it that allows the handle to be repositioned without tightening or loosening -- just push the button with a thumb and pull up on the handle to move it. This allows you to keep the handle in whatever position you want regardless of whether the rack is loose or tight. I hope that makes sense, I'm not sure how else to describe that "feature".
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

I guess my concern would be how tight you have to get it/ turn it to, so that you don't have to worry about it moving while under way? The last thing I need is one more thing to check and make sure other people got it tight enough or whatever. Sorry if I seem picky, just need to make sure it has the right feature set, regardless of how much of a good deal it is.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro