Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: trailer tires

One of the benefits of going with a higher load range tire, as I understand it, is the higher air pressure allows for more heat which allows for higher speeds. C rated tires are 65mph max. I would imagine some tow at speeds higher than that? I do.

This is the MC thread I learned about the Kumho tires. Post #147 page 15 states the tire has a Q speed rating = 99 mph.
    http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...=32154&page=15
    I like that it gives you a higher safety factor. Over the top? Maybe?

This is the exact link to those tires

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....4857&tab=Sizes

Looks like a great tire. I would go with D range if its my option to buy tires.

Last summer I didn't consider it MY OPTION it was required at a fuel stop LOL.

I am lucky enough in OR that our speed limit it technically 60 for trailers, but we can go 65 without to much law enforcement issues.

I have pulled my boat as fast as 90 passing people.

When we went on the trip to AZ I tended to stay around 70 most of the time even with a speed limit of 75 most of the way.

I found at 70 I was going faster then your average semi so I could choose when to pass them, but not being ran over by regular cars.
    Last edited by mmandley; 03-29-2014 at 12:20 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Rating is a comparable to bias plys and its directly related to capable pressures which can translate to a stronger tire and higher weight capabilities but not always, the max load rating is the definitive identifier of capable weight of each tire. You don't want to have a way over rated tire that have a very stiff ride that is going to beat the crud out of your boat unnecessarily and cost more.