Thread: heater

Default heater

I have been searching the internet for a heater to put in my boat for the early and late season rides. I found some on the wakeside web site for around $400.00 pretty reasonable compared to the dealer about $550.00 to $600.00 installed.

Looking around I found a unit made by the same company heater craft on the JCWhitney web site. It says it's for off road vehicles for $189.00 has anyone installed one of these? or know if this will even work? other than the conection pieces i will need to plumb it in I don't see why this wouldn't work. any input would be appreciated.

Default Replying to Topic 'heater'

I use a Heater Craft version. The core went bad last summer and I had a good look at the parts. Not much there, an aluminum heater core, a blower almost identical to the engine compartment blower and the hose connections. The item that is unique is the blower vents and the pull out heater hose all which are very nice but they can be expensive by themselves. I spent $80 for the heater core and I had it within a couple of days. The core was as cheap as ones for autos. I couldn't go without the heater as the evenings cool off. If it was the shower that went bad..easy fix..disconnected but not my heater.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD