Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Equalizer

Cabs are on a kenwood excelon KAC-X542 6 channel. the four tower speakers and sub are on the alpine pdx 5, 5 channel.
    2007 LSV

My only problem I guess is that on the RCA inputs on the PDX-5, there are three total. Two for normal, and one for sub. Right now, I have three amp outputs off of my HU, two running to the PDX. The four main channels on the PDX are bridged and power four tower speakers. Do I need both RCA inputs into the PDX?
    2007 LSV

I'm pretty sure I've answered all my own questions lol. I just need to split the outputs from the RLC to the PDX. The sub will then ride on the volume of the head unit, as it has it's own RCA cable.
    2007 LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Beejwest View Post
    Cabs are on a kenwood excelon KAC-X542 6 channel. the four tower speakers and sub are on the alpine pdx 5, 5 channel.
    In a quick check, that kenwood is coming up as a 4 chnl. If so, I would consider using it in 2 chnl mode for the towers, then relocate the in-boats to the PDX 5 chnl.

In that configuration, the towers would be one zone and the in-boats/sub would be zone 2. You could take it a step further and add in a simple line level controller and give the sub its own zone.

The PDX 5 is a 5 channel, hence the "5". However, one of those is the sub channel, so there are four 75w channels and the sub channel. I'm going to add a line level controller on the sub channel.
    2007 LSV

Totally mis-read your post! My bad. Let me get home from work and check it all out again.
    2007 LSV

You're absolutely right MLA. That would be the better way to go on the setup. I just remembered though that I have a bad channel on the Kenwood. Figured that out when I installed my ACR as I re-routed wires figured out how the previous owner had it wired. May have to wait to rig it like that until I buy a new amp.
    2007 LSV

I have an extra clarion eq that i could sell if that is the route you want to go. I was thinking 30 with shipping. The only thing it does not have the mount brackets.

Sent from my VS890 4G using Tapatalk
    1988 Ski Centurion Falcon
    2013 Moomba Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by Beejwest View Post
    You're absolutely right MLA. That would be the better way to go on the setup. I just remembered though that I have a bad channel on the Kenwood. Figured that out when I installed my ACR as I re-routed wires figured out how the previous owner had it wired. May have to wait to rig it like that until I buy a new amp.
    You can leave the amp/speaker pairing as is due to the bad chnl, and still have a tower zone and in-boat/sub zone. Just split the RCAs from the ZXM to the in-boat amp and sub chnl on the PDX

Hooked it all up last night. Just left the sub on the sub outs from the HU. The PDX never drives the sub hard enought to worry about needing to adjust it. I just turned it down a bit on the HU and then with the two zones from the Kicker it sounds really good. Having the ability to isolate the towers is awesome! Thanks for your help on this!
    2007 LSV