Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Size Sacs for 06 OBV

First off I just want to say… "FINALLY!" I have found someplace where I can find some good info and like minded individuals! I am new to the site, and fairly new to my Boat. we got about 2 months of use out of it before the season changed on us!

Anyway, I am quite interested in wake surfing, and know the bottom line, you gotta have weight in your boat to make this work. So i have been on Wakemakers.com and they recomend going with 750lb Sacs.
    Does anybody have any input on this, what has worked best for them with a similar boat.

i have an 06 OBV, currently have 400lb sacs in the rear, not sure what the center locker is (150?)
    I also have what came with the boat, 200lb sacs that we fill up as well to add to the surf side.
    We are able to ride with no problem, but obviously "It could be better"…

Just want to say thanks in advance!

B.J. Reed

2006 Moomba OBV

I live in Dora Al. Smith lake is my home lake

Iam not sure about the OBV but most people on this site go with 1100lbs in the rear locker and a 650lb IBS sack in the front,both can be found on wake makers and they also offer a discount to members of this forum and are great people to work with.
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David

I'm not sure about the older models but most with the newer models go with the 750 because the 1100 is a bit too big for the OBV lockers.

2013 Outback V
    2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

I have a 2008 OBV and upgraded the rear bags from the stock 400lb bags to the 750lb bags from Wakemakers, the center locker is still the stock 400lb bag. As far as I know, the 750 bags are as big as you can go in ther rear compartments, when they're full they completely fill the compartments. The difference was night and day after the change and no problem going ropeless although it's still not as good as an lsv or any of the other bigger boats would be for surfing. This year I plan on adding an ibs up front to see if it will get even better.
    2008 Moomba Outback V
    2002 Eagle E6 Sabre Jet Boat - Sold

Thanks for the info!
    B.J. Reed

2006 Moomba OBV

I have a 2010 outback v. I just bought the 8.3 800# ronin sacks from wake makers. They are suppose too be here Wednesday. I'll let u know how they work. Plus I have two 550 that I will put one on the surf side and one up front and the 400 in the center. I'll post some pics of the wave.

Here r some pics of the new ballast in the boat. I was able to surf without the rope with no problem now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sweet! looks good!
    B.J. Reed

2006 Moomba OBV

ordered my 750's from wakemakers along with bag vents. Will be able to test on Saturday. Going to put one of my previous 400's up front in the bow, and possible the other on the floor. will see how it goes one thing at time...
    B.J. Reed

2006 Moomba OBV

Beej77r I am planning to run the 400s from the rear under the bow seats(one under each side) and tie into the current center bag vent. I will be doing this may 11th or 12th. I can update how it works and what i used. This is a 13 obv.

Sent from my VS890 4G using Tapatalk
    1988 Ski Centurion Falcon
    2013 Moomba Outback V