Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Oneill Boost Drysuit

AWS has a sale on their drysuits for the weekend and I'm probably going to get one. What size do I get? I am 6'4, but 180lbs. Large or Xtra Large?
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Look at the size chart,it should be close. If you can you should really try one on. Also is this a bag style suit that is meant to fit over other clothes ie sweat pants and maybe a hoodie if so keep that in mind as to how you want this to fit.
    My drysuit is a different brand that is a modified fit meaning its almost like a sloppy fitting wetsuit ,which i can wear shorts and a tshirt but not much more. Definetely try if you can and come ice thaw you should be ready to go.

Depending on what you intend to use this for and how much time you actually end up in the water for you may want to consider some good fitting gloves at the very least, possibly a diving style hood and maybe for surfing some wetsuit style booties. These all help you enjoy whatever sport you are doing at the time. If you are slalom skiing and wakeboarding your feet will be exposed and depending on actuall time in the water,may decide how much you can tolerate.
    Get as much things prepared before you hit the water, having ropes ,skis,wakeboards on and ready etc so you get up and out as quick as possible. Then Enjoy.
    07 Outback DD

Quote Originally Posted by snyderaaron View Post
    AWS has a sale on their drysuits for the weekend and I'm probably going to get one. What size do I get? I am 6'4, but 180lbs. Large or Xtra Large?
    My buddy at 6'2" ordered a drysuit for hydrofoiling, years ago over the phone. He asked the same question. The clerk asked him "Are you long in the torso". "Yes". "Then get the XL. Otherwise your boys will get pinched when seated."

What a nice lady.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

Like Ian said it depends on how long your torso is. Also how big your wrists and ankles are. The smaller the size the smaller the wrists and ankle cuffs are and the better seal it will make. Also note if they are too small they will cut off blood supply to your hands and feet.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Is there a code for the sale? I may want tot get another, they are great!
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Great I'm a bony guy, 996scott there is no code they are just about 20 bucks off now
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

I am 6-2, I've been 220 to 180 through the years I have had my dry suit. It is XL. I prefer to wear my life jacket in the suit and the baggy is nice.
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved

Quote Originally Posted by yearround View Post
    I am 6-2, I've been 220 to 180 through the years I have had my dry suit. It is XL. I prefer to wear my life jacket in the suit and the baggy is nice.
    Are the seals around the wrist and ankles loose?
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Quote Originally Posted by snyderaaron View Post
    Are the seals around the wrist and ankles loose?
    nope, the seals are all fine and tight. i had the suit on for almost 2 hours friday afternoon. I got the suit when i was 220, i have been 180-190 for the last couple years. I have replaced the seals after I let someone else put it on and they ripped the seals out. if i was smarter, i would add a picture, but also i have not loaded up from the camera. if you want, i can send you a few pics, i guess i could also measure my wrist, ankles, neck too?
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved

That would be great. What did you do to replace the seals, did you send it in to Oneill?
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold