Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Time to get up to operating temp........

Finally got my new to me boat all cleaned up. While I had floor out I decided to finally run it for a minute.
    Hooked a hose to raw water intake on vdrive then started. Let run for about a minute and gauge never moved.....I understand I'm running cold water in so is that normal? Just don't wanna run if gauge isn't working. Also after fogging oil smoke cleared boat ran pretty smooth....hit throttle slowly just a sec slowly up to almost 2k rpm...felt slight vibration......maybe fouled plug from a lot of fogging oil? Sounds good at idle .Didn't have prop engaged
    Thanks

I have to run my boat for about 20 minutes on the hose to get it up to temp.
    2015 Supra SE 550

Ok....thanks for the reply

Agreed - could take 15min+ off the hose. You can put a hand on the exhaust manifolds to see if they're getting warm - or feel the water coming out the back flaps. If I rev mine a little in the driveway while on the hose I also get a little shutter or shake.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default Time to get up to operating temp........

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    If I rev mine a little while on the hose I also get a little shutter or shake.
    Reads like a post from Dusty's Mom . . .

Changed plugs today.....I'm sure they were kinda fouled....wet with fogging oil and real fuely smelling. I'll run it again this week

Do not rev the engine. Raw water pump suction might collapse the garden hose. Could damage the impeller and other cooling components.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    Do not rev the engine. Raw water pump suction might collapse the garden hose. Could damage the impeller and other cooling components.
    Not to worry, there is about 50psi of pressure keeping the hose from collapsing. Rev on.

But don't rev it if you put the end of the hose into a bucket, pool, etc. Then you could collapse the hose.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Dusty's mom definitely doesn't like it if your hose collapses while you're revving it...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Dusty's mom definitely doesn't like it if your hose collapses while you're revving it...
    That's some funny stuff right there!
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190