Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wakesurf Rope

I agree with Mike, i had trouble losing the wave after tossing the rope, as soon as i just flicked it to the opposite side i had no problems... and we go with the knotted rope no handle on the end. the knot on the end is quite a bit larger than the rest of them and works fine for us. Its a Ronix if my memor serves me correctly.
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

What do you all think of this Liquid Force rope?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&pf_rd_i=typ01
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Default Re: Wakesurf Rope

That's the one I have, very long with extensions..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I really like the style of that Agenda rope/handle. The price, not so much, LOL.

That said, when I first started wakesurfing and I wasn't able to easily freeride, I had an Accurate small triangle:

I got frustrated with it as I couldn't yet freeride, so gripping the thin rope to try to get in the sweet spot wasn't easy and tired out my grip.

So, I bought this Body Glove T-Handle that was thicker, with knots, and quite affordable:
    http://www.jmsonline.net/body-glove-...bgw-bg1208.htm

Now that I can freeride easily, I honestly prefer the accurate small triangle more! I like having that handle to get up with. Even with a t-handle, when I get tired, it seems to add more grip fatigue. Also, now that I'm ONLY using the rope to get up, having the lighter rope of the Accurate makes for less mass when I'm throwing it into the boat. Those thick knotted ropes can really have a lot of mass when tossing them into the boat. It's almost like a hammer coming at you with that t-handle loaded up with that much wet rope.

That said, we never use the body glove t-handle anymore as most people can freeride now.

On the topic of getting rid of the rope, yes dropping it to the other side of the wave is certainly a good way to keep your posture and stance from getting off. However, I've found it's also a distraction as the surfer is watching it flail around while someone tried to reel it in. If you do toss it in, what will help is that immediately after tossing it in, pretend like you're doing a "superman" with your arms pointed toward the wake. bend your knees and put your arms horizontal toward the wake. That will keep your posture such that you're less likely to put your weight off and crash.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

This one looks like it could be a good compromise between price, moderately thick braided section, and decent handle.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wakesurf-Han...item1c3d7eaf92

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Those are some nice deals, fellas. I like the T handle the best for the safety factor although you have to stay alert cuz, as said above, any rope/handle can catch your rider.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

With all this talk about t-handles vs. small triangles, I've found I'm really a triangle guy. So, Anyone that's interested, I'll sell ya my body glove T-handle rope (thick, braided with knots) for $30. (a little bit less than I paid for it). Really only used sparingly for a handful of outtings, maybe a couple months tops. I'm in Vancouver WA.

www.TraysonsToybox.com