Default 03 mobius--Box in engine compartment with knob....has cable attached

Hey guys.....
    Bought my first inboard last week, a used 03 mobius lsv.
    Ran a new steering cable today and had to move a little electrical box with a knob clamped to a hose.
    Had a cable attached I assume to throttle...didn't bother to trace. Just wondering what it was....because I turned the knob lol. Thanks for any info, and I love the boat even though I've been working on it for a week and haven't got to run it in the water
    Learning a lot here

Guessing it's an old perfect pass throttle control.
    -Jake

Thanks....ya it has the perfect pass

New to me though upgraded from our red-neck wake boat
    A 91 four-winns deck boat with an ice tower wasn't the prettiest thing but it was super heavy and displaced a lot of water with a decent wake believe it or not..... Sooooo glad to upgrade even though it's not a brand new boat

No worries mines a 2000! Great upgrade, you will never go back.
    -Jake

pics needed to verifie your not still rockin the 4 wins and welcome to the forums
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Ha it was a damn good running boat, but glad I switched.....once I finish putting floor back in I'll take some pics. It's yellow which is kinda growing on me, but found a place to wrap it reasonable. Previous owner never cleaned it much and paid for all service work. He said bilge ran a lot.......all plumbing for ballast system wasnt even hand tight and front bag had couple small holes. I removed everything and deep cleaned. Replacing small stuff as I see a future problem......get it right and keep it right

Quote Originally Posted by Wesjxxx View Post
    Ha He said bilge ran a lot.......all plumbing for ballast system wasnt even hand tight and front bag had couple small holes.
    Might also want to check the stuffing box for the proper drip, here is a good link to get familiar with how it works. http://www.pbase.com/mainecruising/stuffing_box&page=1

Thanks.....you guys are really helpful

Quote Originally Posted by mcdye View Post
    Might also want to check the stuffing box for the proper drip,[/url]
    X2. You got the floor out just as well check the drip which may be a source of water also.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD