Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V2 Board Racks

Default V2 Board Racks

I have a V2 tower and am looking to add an extra board rack or 2 above my factory swivel racks. I am looking to do something similar to the setup in the attached picture. The racks in the picture are apparently Titan Wakeside Battle Racks, which apparently are not made anymore. Does anyone have a similar set up to the one in the picture? If so, what racks did you use and were they difficult to install? Thanks!

wake racks.jpg
    -Andy

2012 Mobius LSV

I think you should scrap the V2 tower. Just send it to me and I'll replace it with a nice shiny old school one.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I think you should scrap the V2 tower. Just send it to me and I'll replace it with a nice shiny old school one.
    Ha! I love the V2 tower, but am finding out that it is a bit of a pain when wanting to add more board racks, for example.
    -Andy

2012 Mobius LSV

I have not seen it anywhere, but if you have room to drill the same three holes that hold the standard rack then I would think it would be pretty easy to add additional racks. Assuming of course that you can get by the idea of drilling many new holes in your beautiful tower!!
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

I didn't think that the V2 towers came with the upper holes for wakeboard racks. If they did, then try www.bakesonline.com for some rack options. Any thing for the Malibu Illusion will fit the V2.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

The V2 does not have upper holes, so I would have to drill (which I am a little nervous about). I found a few for the Illusion on a number of sites and a few for the V2 on onlyinboards.com. I just need to make sure there is enough space between the racks so that the boards (or should I say, boots) don't hit each other. I was hoping someone on here had already been the guinea pig and could lead me in the right direction, but maybe I will have to be the guinea pig for the group.
    -Andy

2012 Mobius LSV

Bakesonline is a great resource
    http://www.bakesonline.com/searchres...CategoryID=517.
    Starone wake are what you have on the V2.

Check out the video below that shows double rack spacing with holes.

http://samsonsports.com/shop/malibu-...-x-boardracks/
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I've got a V2 as well. I've thought about this but not tired it. I'm just not sure how it would look with the holes drilled in it. I've got 4 racks now with different configuration options. I just change them out when we will be carrying a kneeboard or more wakeboards than surf boards or skis.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

So...after doing a bit of reseach online, I found out that XTP (Xtreme Tower Products) is the manufacturer of the V2. I am a little nervous about drilling into the tower, so I am going to call them tomorrow and ask if this is something I should be nervous about. I know that Malibu's Illusion tower (which apparantly is virtually the same as the V2) used to come pre-drilled with the extra holes, so I am thinking that it should not be a problem from a structural perspective, but I would like a little piece of mind. If XTP gives me the thumbs up (and possibly even if they don't), then I am thinking of getting two of these racks from Bullet Lines (http://www.bulletlines.com/Black-Moo...Rack-p/231.htm). They are not an exact match to my current swivel racks (Bakes Online has one that it pretty close with the rubber dipped forks but it is about 65% more than two of Bullet Lines racks http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=2002), but I think the Bullet Lines racks should compliment my current racks pretty well. I just can't justify 65% more for a near match. If I could get the Bakes Online racks for closer to about $500 for the two, then I would buy the ones from Bakes, but I just don't think a near match is worth it at the current price point. Anyone have success negotiating prices with Bakes or have a discount code for 20-30% off?
    -Andy

2012 Mobius LSV

AGIII,

They will give you a Moomba forum discount , just call Scott or Paul. Not sure it will be enough . It's 10 or 15 percent off.

The bullet line ones look pretty nice, have not been to there site in some time.
    Last edited by jmvotto; 03-09-2014 at 08:30 AM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold