Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: V2 Board Racks

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    AGIII,

They will give you a Moomba forum discount , just call Scott or Paul. Not sure it will be enough . It's 10 or 15 percent off.

The bullet line ones look pretty nice, have not been to there site in some time.
    Thanks, Joe! I will call Bakes (Scott/Paul) and see what they can do.
    -Andy

2012 Mobius LSV

I have two of the standard polished aluminum Roswell racks that aren't even a year old that I got on my new OBV last year that I was just about to list in the classifieds. I believe they use the same three bolt pattern.

Let me know if you are interested and I can send you pics.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Quote Originally Posted by mikenehrkorn View Post
    I have two of the standard polished aluminum Roswell racks that aren't even a year old that I got on my new OBV last year that I was just about to list in the classifieds. I believe they use the same three bolt pattern.

Let me know if you are interested and I can send you pics.
    I am really looking for racks that have black forks, but my buddy has a 2012 OBV and might be interested in adding some more racks. If you want to PM me with pics and price, I will pass along the information.
    -Andy

2012 Mobius LSV

Default V2 Board Racks

Sounds good -- PM sent

2013 Outback V
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

Default V2 Board Racks

I've got a bunch of bullet line racks. Not the quick release, but they only use one hex bolt to attach to my V2 tower so they are quick enough for me. I think they are great and definitely recommend them if you decide to proceed.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Spoke to XTP (the maker of the V2 tower) today. They scared me a bit about drilling into the tower. I am now considering attaching racks to ends of the 2" tube that runs horizontally across the tower. The racks would be a little higher than I would like but no drilling is required (plus the V2 is not very tall to begin with so I don't think accessing the racks would be inconvenient). The only other downside is that I would have to remove the racks if I put the bimini on, but I rarely use the bimini (probably used it twice last season). And, with the quick release racks, I think all I would have to remove is the forks in order for the bimini to fit. Decisions....decisions...
    -Andy

2012 Mobius LSV

Yeah, that's a tough call, but keep in mind that the vendor is in big time CYA mode so that you don't come back to them later and say they said it was OK to do.

Have you tried the Malibu forum to see if anyone there has done it and what their experience has been?
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

Malibu's come with the upper holes.

Have you thought about going with tripple forks? That would give you 2 wake and 1 surf on each side.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Yes, I have also read that Malibu's come with the upper holes. If the tube racks don't work well (or don't look good) on the horizontal tube, then the 3 rack option may be the next best thing to drilling. Most of the 3 rack swivel options that I have seen are about 2-3 times the cost of the quick release tube option, so while it is an option, it is not an inexpensive option (but obviously less costly than having to replace the tower, if for example, the drilling somehow causes damage).
    -Andy

2012 Mobius LSV