Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I crazy??!!

Default Am I crazy??!!

Just got in touch with my dealer and can trade in my 2013 OBV for a 2013 LSV with compatible hours to mine (around 60). The LSV has the 345 surf engine... All for about 10k extra, plus taxes... Is that a decent deal? Any q's you guys can think of that I should be asking or thinking about? Eek!! I also have to figure out how to sell this to my wife... - still a work in progress...
    ----------------------------------------
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2013 Moomba Outback V (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

Default Re: Am I crazy??!!

Probably find an older lsv for even trade..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Selling for wholesale and buying for retail, it is what it is...saves on taxes...either way seems like $10k is a lot. Like said above look for an even trade on a bit older LSV ..IMO

To much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ IMO.
    2014 Mondo

no options difference listed. since they are both 13's, work out the msrp difference at new pricing and look at what the difference there is. if obv is stripped and lsv is loaded then good deal imo.

i'd be more inclined to be happy at 6-7k including tax.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    no options difference listed. since they are both 13's, work out the msrp difference at new pricing and look at what the difference there is. if obv is stripped and lsv is loaded then good deal imo.

i'd be more inclined to be happy at 6-7k including tax.
    Hi there, the main difference is OBV has 330 engine and the LSV has 345 surf engine and heater. Up in Canada, the heater is a nice option... The rest are pretty much standard comparable options on both. Both are 2013 models and both are around 60 hours on engine. The cost to take the LSV would be about 10k so far... I thought this was a decent deal, but from what you guys are saying, not that great. Glad to get the input from everyone here!!
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

Default Am I crazy??!!

You're not crazy.

The difference between the boats, equally equipped, is about $6 k. The upgrade to the 345 & heater ads another $3k, so you're real close.

I'm with Scott, try and get a few $$ off and close the deal! You get a lot more boat, IMO.

based of Drews numbers, if ya can get a little more off, I would do it too.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Seems like you could almost order a new 14 with same options for a trade difference of about the $10k

Quote Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
    Seems like you could almost order a new 14 with same options for a trade difference of about the $10k
    I wish!! The Moomba's are a lot more expensive up here in Canada than in the US... They send up better boats though right?? To trade up to a new LSV or Mondo would be over 25k... I originally looked into that, but it just doesn't make fiscal sense... Not sure what they go for down there, but my OBV was over 60k all in last spring (back when $ was at near par too)...
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5