Hi
I am wanting to get a different boat for this summer and am needing some advice. I own half an old ski boat that has been lots of fun but it is way past due to get something better. I would like something that would be a good all around open bow boat - bit of skiing, wake boarding, pulling a tube and surfing if possible. Ideally I would like built in ballast, a tower with a couple of speakers and a sun shade. My 20K budget will put a huge limit on my choices but I know that Moomba makes a quality boat at a reasonable price so I am going to keep my fingers crossed that if I look hard enough I might be able to find a good one.

What models/years should I be looking for - avoiding? I know that hours on an engine will depend on how well it was maintained but what would a general guide be? Stay away from over this ______ many hours unless you know that it was treated well and even then if it was treated better than a baby over this many hours ________ problems are likely.

Thanks much for your time.

PS - I live in southern Alberta but will likely be shopping in Idaho, Washington or Northern California (seems that anything decent here is way over priced) - so if you happen to have something for sale....