Finally putting a floor in the shop. So the bus will be on a two or three week hold.

My brother and I built a 42’x60’ shop at his house (2 miles from mine) five years ago for our business. We are renting a 10,000 sqft warehouse now for the business 20 miles away and we finally get to turn the pole barn into a shop at his house.
We spent the last two week moving/ throwing away all the junk we collected the last 5 years (from flipping houses). We have a central boiler wood stove next to the shop. So we are putting floor heat in the concrete.

This weekend being the weather was good in Illinois we dug down 18 inches all around the walls to start putting down the insulation. We also put the floor drains and plumbing for a sink in.
Next weekend we will finish the grade and put the insulation on the ground. And start laying out the floor heat.

And the weekend after pouring the concrete if the weather works with us.

When the concrete gets done one of our friends has a business to blow in foam insulations so that will be done. It is awesome because they can spray it right to the tin walls and ceiling. than we will just cover the lower 8' or so with plywood or tin.

Has anyone on here done a floor heat system in concrete??

IMG_1009.jpgIMG_1008.jpgIMG_1007.jpgIMG_1005.jpg