Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I still have my stock cabin speakers. The first improvement I made was running them on high pass after adding a sub. The sub does a much better job down in its range and allows the cabins to just do their job. Way better. Then I upgraded my lousy tower speakers to the Exile SXT's. Pretty happy overall now.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Kane...what does your amp situation look like?
    First Moomba!
    2009 Outback V 325

I think I have the stock Kicker 200.4 running the 6 cabins. I have the 250.2 that came with my tower speakers bridged to run my subwoofer. I have an old school Exile 600.2 running 4 SXT's on the tower. I did add a second battery. I rarely run the system for more than an hour sitting without the engine running so my 2 batteries are plenty.
    Last edited by kaneboats; 02-24-2014 at 12:11 PM.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Here's a recommendation for an in-boat multi-channel amplifier to fit your usage.
    The JL Audio XD700/5.
    All the power you'll need.
    2-year warranty.
    Cleanest Class D amplifier available. Note: It's engineered in the US. And, you definitely want the higher efficiency of Class D (60% more efficient, draws less current, battery lasts longer, runs cooler).
    This unit is fully equipped and not stripped. The JL Audio XD700/5 has a fully configurable input section plus a remote port that allows control of all five channels or just the sub section. Nice for zone controls at your fingertips.
    Package this with a JL Audio W1 10" or 12" subwoofer and your in-boat system will rock.
    For a package savings deal visit Odin with Earmark Marine. Service and technical support is great plus he ships promptly.

Default 5 channel information

Sky - with permission, I'll post your pm msg here so the group has the benefit of the answer. You ask a good question.

PM Msg: So is that [Javelin] amp the only one you have/need for all cabin+sub+towers? How many towers do you have? Forgive me as I am new to audio lingo and upgrades when dealing with differnt channels and watts and such.
    Thanks!

The Javelin is a high performance 5 channel amplifier. Typically speaking, any given 5 ch amp will be utilized for the cabin zone and the sub zone of the audio setup. Look at a 5 ch amp like this 4 x ??? power + 1 x ??? power. The 4x power will be directed to your cabin speakers on chan 1-4 and the 5th channel directed to your sub. So to answer your Q about the Javelin; the amp will power your cabin and sub. You'll need a dedicated amp for whatever tower speakers you choose.

The Version 2 Javelin amp just started shipping and specs 4x150 + 1x800 CEA power rated. For its Class D size...It's more than capable of powering a high end 12" woofer as well. You'd probably want to marry it to the XM30.2 tower amplifier and presto, system complete.

-Brian

That actually helps alot as far as my understanding goes. Thanks!
    First Moomba!
    2009 Outback V 325

A good 5 ch. amp is a great way to go to take care of everything in boat. I had one I used to run but it was a little to wimpy for the job. I am thinking about doing something different this year. I'm not thrilled with running my sub off the Kicker 250.2 bridged. I think it could use some more power.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!