Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

my truck and boat are paid off..but i have basically two sled payments ha.. if i paid off the house i would deff be looking to upgrade my boat. i also hear this every summer " you have 22,000$ tied up in your drive way, why dont you sell it and have money put away?" because the time spent with fam and friends on the water is worth way more then the 20k in my account. plus thats more money i have to drop on a new boat haha
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

You could also budget the following:

Launch fees/parking fees (if they apply).
    Snacks + drinks every trip.
    Boat care products + detailing per year.

But like they said above, all of this price talk goes out the window when you can sit back and enjoy the water with family and friends.

I sold my boat a few years back so I hitch rides a lot down here and I'm glad to pay whatever the gas fee is.

Ya when I was out at a friends cabin last summer for a weekend when we finished up I threw him 40 bucks for gas... and I did it in front of the other people in the boat... later my buddy pulled me aside and gave it back. He said the message I sent to the rest of the people in the boat was worth so much more than the 40 bucks.. no one had ever offered gas money before... he said its much better now. He was the first guy I called when I bought my new mondo..

Sent from my apple crushin android device
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

couple of thoughts:

1. agree with everyone that said time on the boat is priceless. We are building memories with our kids that they will cherish forever. My boys are good boys, but they never get along as well anywhere else as they do during a day on the boat

2. I am a numbers guy, and there is no way in this world that I want to know this true cost.

3. If you really want to know, then probably should add cost of new toys (boards, ropes, gopro, vests, the list could go on and on). Cost of new mods (this board is evil). Annual property taxes are not insignificant.
    Jeff

2012 Outback V

Well, once upon a time I factored in the cost of taking 6 kids to the movies on a Sat. afternoon. Gotta have stuff to eat and drink and still need the Suburban to get there (minivan only holds 7 of us and we have . The boat was an absolute bargain (and I hate sitting in a movie theater on a nice Sat. afternoon plus the movie only lasts 90 min and then they want to go shopping or something on top of that). The truck has been paid off for 5 years now and still works great. We've upgraded the boat a couple of times (coming out a little ahead of what we paid) and put a little more into the boat so the payment is very reasonable. We purchase drinks and snacks in bulk to keep costs down and do our own maintenance. So far it's been a great plan and made our whole family closer. You should hear the kids cheer for each other.

This was my youngest getting up on the wakeboard for the first time last summer:

My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

"Daddy, what's a spreadsheet?"

Nevermind honey, daddy's deleting it right now.

So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default Boat Cost Calculator

Haha -- EXACTLY!!! BTW, very cute pic

2013 Outback V
    2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Awesome guys and I completely agree with everyone that it is not about the cost but definitely something that needs to be considered otherwise we would all be cruising around in the latest and greatest.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Are you trying to convince the wife,,,,, or yourself
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Ummm.......a little of both.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"