Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Boat Cost Calculator

So I have been looking into new / newer boats and I decided that I needed some sort of calculator that I could input costs into. It is kind of a anti justification chart though the cost per hour is high as expected. Let me know what you think of if there is anything I should add.

Available for download here: https://db.tt/ji0R8mV0

Maybe a future sticky?
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Why, just why in the world are you posting this. its a boat and stands for BOAT--break out another thousand. heck that could be your operating cost, are you sure you really want to figure that out -lol
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

When it comes time to sit down with the wife and talk cost I need to be very prepared. On the plus side divide the cost per hour by the average number of people you take out and it is pretty reasonable
    -Mark
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

I truly believe a day on the lake is about priceless-time with family and friends with memories to last a lifetime
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

My cost is much geater, I have a larger boat balance, plus I have Beer, then I factory in half my truck payment and truck fuel.

If i didnt have a boat I really wouldnt need a truck.

Honestly though I'm glad I dont need to justify my boating costs, the memories and time spent on the boat literally are priceless to me and if it wasn't for boating, I wouldn't know any of you, nor would I goto Texas each year for a 3 day Beer fest that some call the Texas Jam

Just played with your Calculator, I'm closer to 95 an hour the way your numbers fall.
    I don't like your Calculator...LOL

I only did mine for the boat as it is now with my current Payments and the amount I financed
    Last edited by mmandley; 02-20-2014 at 06:29 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I agree with daze on this one but intrigued with the cost per hour and divided out by number of people. I have yet to get anyone to pay even close to what it cost to run per hour once let alone consistently. I view the time I spend with them as payment and if they chip in for gas then bonus. if your crew is paying for actual time each time out, send them my way

then there's the other thought of knowing what you really want and the reality of obtaining one for $30k
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Oh trust me the crew definitely doesn't chip in enough but that is another topic. Oh and the time spent on the water with family and friend is priceless. That said my boat does exactly that but there is always something better out there to spend money on.
    -Mark

"Hey you only live once"

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    When it comes time to sit down with the wife and talk cost I need to be very prepared.
    Time for a new wife. You need to find a wife like Claudia (Mikes, MMandley's wife). I am suppressed they did not purchase the Supra SC during the demo. If it was only a few feet longer.

Now I enjoy numbers and have everything budgeted out and really enjoy the sheet you made. I also have to say some things are much better left unknown. Keeps the drinking line item on the budget down.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    Time for a new wife. You need to find a wife like Claudia (Mikes, MMandley's wife). I am suppressed they did not purchase the Supra SC during the demo. If it was only a few feet longer.

Now I enjoy numbers and have everything budgeted out and really enjoy the sheet you made. I also have to say some things are much better left unknown. Keeps the drinking line item on the budget down.
    You must be reffering to her screaming over and over WE ARE BYING THIS BOAT!!! LOL

Yea I can't complain about Claudia and the boat, she never says no when it comes to the boat.

All though she did mention just last night that by the time Oct comes around she is ready to put the boat away.
    I think this might be due to the 3 days a week at minimum I have the boat in the water. Plus the several 4 day weekends we go places with it. Shes a trooper though, because she gets up at 5am to goto work early to be off at 3pm so she can get to the lake and surf on her work days. I'm lucky in the fact we only boat on 1 day a week before I have to work. Thats every other Tuesday LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

im with Mmandley in the truck should be calculated in too, if we had a smaller boat, I would not have this truck to pull it
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold