Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Issue filling ballast

Enjoyed a great day on the lake yesterday but I could not get the ballast to fill on the right or left side. The center ballast kept cutting off as well- when I got back home I checked the pumps and got the center pump to run after removing thee impeller and reinstalling - seems the center was full I guess water leaked by and I also noticed the center ballast pump was leaking water out of the bottom of the motor - the boat is less than a year old - anyone else had this issue??? Is this covered under warranty??
    I filled the ballast bags with a hose and the pumps discharged the water great. Checked all three impellers and could not see any wear - they are the green ones. I noticed they are not stiff but very flexible. Any suggestions or Is this just part of the normal things after your boat has been put up for winter. I did remove and hang the bags up when I winterized it....
    KRiley
    2013 Moomba LSV
    Exile xm9s
    Exile Amps
    Exile sub

Any words of wisdom???
    KRiley
    2013 Moomba LSV
    Exile xm9s
    Exile Amps
    Exile sub

Default Issue filling ballast

Are the seacocks all the way open?
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

I checked everything - They are open!
    KRiley
    2013 Moomba LSV
    Exile xm9s
    Exile Amps
    Exile sub

Did you winterize your pumps?
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Pumps where winterized - last summer I noticed that a little bit of water was flowing behind the back carpeted piece where the pumps are - I know now that the center ballast pump is leaking through the motor - dripping.. urrgggh I ordered new impellers yesterday from Wakemakers - I could not get any of the ballast pumps to prime - tried going slow - got up on plane - for about 30 minutes - left or right would not fill - I have got to take it back to the dealer - When I took the carpet piece off the pumps are on a flimsy piece of plastic - they are not secured to the boat either - has the plates attached to secure but no screws...
    KRiley
    2013 Moomba LSV
    Exile xm9s
    Exile Amps
    Exile sub

Kriley - Are these Jabsco 18220 pumps?

Quote Originally Posted by kriley View Post
    Enjoyed a great day on the lake yesterday but I could not get the ballast to fill on the right or left side. The center ballast kept cutting off as well- when I got back home I checked the pumps and got the center pump to run after removing thee impeller and reinstalling - seems the center was full I guess water leaked by and I also noticed the center ballast pump was leaking water out of the bottom of the motor - the boat is less than a year old - anyone else had this issue??? Is this covered under warranty??
    I filled the ballast bags with a hose and the pumps discharged the water great. Checked all three impellers and could not see any wear - they are the green ones. I noticed they are not stiff but very flexible. Any suggestions or Is this just part of the normal things after your boat has been put up for winter. I did remove and hang the bags up when I winterized it....
    First YES the pumps are covered under warranty for 1 or 2 years, can't recall.

Second, They can get air locked, I always run by boat up to 10-15mph to prime them even though they are impeller not aerator style pumps.

Also, can you hear them coming on? Are you sure the valves at the hull inlets are open?
    Check fuses or circuit breakers?

Let me know. I can help you if you have more questions
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

could it be a timer issue?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

THe pumps when I turned them on just roared - I went 10 mph 20 mph - It never pulled water - I did check the timers but they where not timed out - It may be a newbie issue (me being a newbie) - I checked all valves to make sure they where turned on - they where.. I appreciate the help!! Next warm day I am going to put a little water in both back bags to flood the pump - shouldn't need to but.
    I also have to take it to the dealer to fix the center pump and a few more warranty items - they are great to work with!
    KRiley
    2013 Moomba LSV
    Exile xm9s
    Exile Amps
    Exile sub