View Poll Results: Would you rent out YOUR boat???

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, make some gas money

0 0%
  • Not Likely

3 6.00%
  • Not just NO, but HECK NO!!!

47 94.00%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by brad460 View Post
    That would be a hell to the mother f-ing NO..

Orange Fanta?! Can you imagine the kids eating a bag of Cheetos on your boat?? Haha

My sister and her family live in Malaysia and they rent a Mastercraft occasionally on the weekends, but that comes with a driver. I would consider taking someone else out if they want to rent me and my boat...this way I am there to monitor everyone. I think they pay around $200 USD per hour. ...which is about what I pay an hour to own and operate my own boat ( loan payment, insurance, gas, winter storage, etc.).
    I couldn't have said it any better! The risk is just to high. I'll work a second job if money gets tight vice let my boat get destroyed. Driving a powerful inboard takes practice and isn't as easy as driving a I/O or outboard. Boating experience isn't always equal.
    -Blaine

2019 Makai
    2013 LSV (sold)
    1997 Bayliner 1850 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    So to this day we still make fun of my friend and talk about my dad running his boat WFO until it grenaded. $11k later it had a new outboard at my buddies expense, so by the time we all die we should have our $11k out of this story.
    Your Dad hung him with the bill?? WTF
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

thinking the same thing. you blow up anything, you replace it..

on that note, I would not loan my boat to anybody if I was not onboard. guess I feel I work too hard for it and someone else isn't going to take the same care of it that I do. I wouldn't ever ask to borrow another's boat either. I view them like motorcycles. you just don't do it..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I have 2 people that I would lend my boat two. .. and surprisingly one of them is 19. He is my go to guy for driving for me and is incredibly meticulous. I know he wouldnt be able to replace it but I also know he would never take a stupid chance. Without him I would get out about half as much. The other is my dad.

Sent from my apple crushin android device
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Your Dad, not beat taco's Dad, right?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

some great stories in here... I'd let my dad take it, as he's the one to taught me to be how I am...Feeling sorry for my wife now ... My brother's the same way. About all he'd like is the stereo system and the cooler tho, seeings how he runs a 700+ hp 28' Checkmate I know a few people on this forum I'd let borrow it.

My neighbor's had a few different boats. I've watched him beach it on the rocks, let his kids jump in and out off the land with muddy shoes on, leave it stranded on an island when the tide went out before they got back to it, etc. Some people just flat don't care... BTW, his boat isnt' a super expensive one to start with, but still a nice boat...But still... really?
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

Default Re: Mercury Marine Survey - Would you loan out YOUR boat?

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Your Dad, not beat taco's Dad, right?
    That is correct haha

Sent from my apple crushin android device
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Default Mercury Marine Survey - Would you loan out YOUR boat?

Lol!
    We did this trip every year. It's a fairly large group. I had another friend join the trip and bring his boat. By about his third year of coming he was on a mission a month before leaving saying this year your dad's not taking over and driving my boat!
    So we get there and the first day we drop our boats and head to the day use area (my dad was already there) to put in our anchors for the day my friend asks for my tube. I shove it his way and go back to organizing and setting my boat up. I see his boat with my tube leave out the corner of my eye and finish up what I was doing and walk up to the beach. Then I see my friend still standing there! I'm like wtf? With my dad out with his crew on my friends boat we decide to go wake boarding. After we finish our sets we headback to the beach where my buddies boat is back anchored. As we walk up on the beach I see what use to be my tube with the entire front ripped out of it and the tow point turned into no less than 8' of 3" wide nylon strap! I see my dad approaching and he says "this thing got a warranty? Must be defective. We were just idling along and someone noticed it was floating away, at first we just thought it came untied."
    -Jake

Some guys are just hard on stuff. Can't explain why. Others are malicious. When I was 16 I saved money all summer for a new O'brien slalom ski. I got it in August as stuff started to be discounted for the off season. I was so proud of it-- it was the nicest ski anyone had owned since the cool new wooden Taperflex one my Mom got in the 70's. Of course, I let everyone use it, including my Uncle Gordy. Gordy rode the ski and came back and said it was a good ski. Of course, this was on a rocky river. When he skied back to the dock and dropped he rode into the shallow water and grounded the ski on the rocks. So it was scraped on the bottom and had a ding in the skeg. He also seemed to have stripped out one of the adjustable binding screws. I never let him use it again and I found some new non-ajustable bindings for it so it only fit me.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

^^ did something similar, working a summer sorting cherries and bought a HO mach one, got adjustable front binding with a rear toe strap, next summer bought double wrap bindings and nobody else liked having both feet strapped in that I didn't have to loan it out anymore
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart