View Poll Results: Would you rent out YOUR boat???

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, make some gas money

0 0%
  • Not Likely

3 6.00%
  • Not just NO, but HECK NO!!!

47 94.00%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Some of these stories are funny. I have never lent my boat out, but would to a few select friends that have allowed me to use theirs. I will admit, I will not try and borrow a boat again. We had no boat in 2011 so my neighbor Jeff let me take his to TN and I hit a bridge with the anchor light. Not as bad as it sounds, but could have been worse. Who would have have thought that in 1 hour after dropping off the wives and 4 little kids my buddy and I run to the marina and the water level+lighted load raised the boat enough to hit the bridge, had 4" of clearance before. Man those Nautique lights are expensive. Later the same summer my buddy Ray had is boat at Norris and offered for me to use it and tow it back for him. On the tight roads leading back to our condo, two trailers passing don't work so well. I caught the prop guard on when I dropped a wheel off the blacktop. Trashed prop guard. That has yet to be repaired, since I had already purchased a spare rim and tire for him. Maybe since I have his boat in my warehouse I will fix it and see if he notices.

well, we now all know one guy to definitely mark off the list!

Nope. He's ok. He fixes the crap he breaks. Stuff on a boat is going to break every now and then. We don't keep 'em under glass cases. But the guy who was responsible has to be responsible. He can use mine.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    well, we now all know one guy to definitely mark off the list!
    Didn't you get marked off Dusty's list?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Was camping on the island a few years back, I had to go in to work for the day, so left my boat with my buddy who had the day off. (he's owned several boats and is my right hand man every summer). He drops me at the dock and it's like any other day at work during the summer - wishing I was on the water instead. Hit the dock at 5:00pm and he's sitting there waiting, big grin on his face. Boat is fine, but I'm looking at him going what? WHAT? WTF Man... He just keeps grinning and says nothing.

Later that night at the campfire I learn that he and his wife went out and "christened" my boat while I was at work... Bastard.

I suppose I'd still trust him with it - just make sure the vinyl is all wiped down before I see it again.

But never a renter - and not even family members for that matter!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Was camping on the island a few years back, I had to go in to work for the day, so left my boat with my buddy who had the day off. (he's owned several boats and is my right hand man every summer). He drops me at the dock and it's like any other day at work during the summer - wishing I was on the water instead. Hit the dock at 5:00pm and he's sitting there waiting, big grin on his face. Boat is fine, but I'm looking at him going what? WHAT? WTF Man... He just keeps grinning and says nothing.

Later that night at the campfire I learn that he and his wife went out and "christened" my boat while I was at work... Bastard.
    Buahahahaaha. Still trying to get the wife to go out and leave all the kids at home. lol. I remember when we ere just married we took my dad's boat up the river and we were not quite to "home run" status, and apparently the cars on the bridge we'd crossed under earlier could still see us...we started hearing people honking. lol
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

Default Mercury Marine Survey - Would you loan out YOUR boat?

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Didn't you get marked off Dusty's list?
    That was Dusty's Mom's list. She got tired of me wrecking the way she walked.

I suppose I'd still trust him with it - just make sure the vinyl is all wiped down before I see it again.

to funny......
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Default Mercury Marine Survey - Would you loan out YOUR boat?

Lol!

I honestly don't think I'd trust anyone with my boat besides my wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    Lol!
    I honestly don't think I'd trust anyone with my boat besides my wife.
    Hmmm. I'd trust a stanger almost as much as my wife....
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)