Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Since I first got it out I've been trying to burn out the old gas. Have already put 20hrs on the boat this season and refilled the tank with ethanol free 90 octane along with a couple bottles of seafoam. Went though about half a tank with this fuel and the problem still haven't worked its self out.

Which fuel pump should I be looking at? The Low pressure or High?
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

Fuel Injected uses high pressure. Only carb uses low pressure.
    2017 Moomba Craz

Ok. I was on the phone with the dealer yesterday trying to solve the problem and they said there are two fuel pumps. One to prime the system for starting and one for running once started.

I wanted to take the boat to them(Atlanta Marine) but they said their slammed rebuilding engines following the winter. It's a couple hours away and they said they might not get to it till after Memorial Day. Well that's not going to work as I already have a house rented for that weekend.

They have been very helpful though. They call SC yesterday and were working till 8pm(that's when they called back). Trying to diagnosis my problem through 2 techs but still couldn't naid down the problem over the phone.
    2008 LSV on the way out

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I hear ya man, like i said my Vette did the same thing, it had pressure at the rail but 10PSI will squirt but not fire the engine. Then once its running that 10 will work at idle but since your not on the water you cant test unload conditions.

I think a fuel pump and filter is less then a hundo, plus they are outside the tank so its easy to get to. Still even if its not the issue, not a bad part replacement for peace of mind later.
    Still trying to find a part number for a replacement fuel pump if anyone has it and/or a good place to pick one up.
    Thanks
    2008 LSV on the way out

I have an 06 LSV with 330 hours in it. This boat has been perfect since day one. After 8 hours on the lake Saturday, I was headed to the marina when the engine went to acting stupid. It scared me it was running so rough I shut it down. Once I shut it down, I checked it over good then tried to restart it. It will spin over fine it just won't start up. Today, I pulled the fuel filter, pulled the flame arrestor, bled the fuel rail, re-primed the fuel pump, but no luck. She'll spin over but no fire. I'm thinking I may have the same or similar problem. Let me know what you come up with. The guys at Discount Inboard Marine can tell you what fuel pump you need. Good folks... Google them.....

Quote Originally Posted by LSM View Post
    I have an 06 LSV with 330 hours in it. This boat has been perfect since day one. After 8 hours on the lake Saturday, I was headed to the marina when the engine went to acting stupid. It scared me it was running so rough I shut it down. Once I shut it down, I checked it over good then tried to restart it. It will spin over fine it just won't start up. Today, I pulled the fuel filter, pulled the flame arrestor, bled the fuel rail, re-primed the fuel pump, but no luck. She'll spin over but no fire. I'm thinking I may have the same or similar problem. Let me know what you come up with. The guys at Discount Inboard Marine can tell you what fuel pump you need. Good folks... Google them.....
    Mine did this exact thing last year. Turned out to be my MAP sensor, next time it happens pull that off the intake manifold and see if it starts up. I carry a spare now and rotate them if it happens, I've noticed it's temporary so 'bad' one will work again.
    06 Mobius LSV, GIII (now with 1100 in the port locker), perfect pass, wakeplate
    Kicker KM10 Sub, dual batteries

Could you tell m where the MAP sensor is located and/or what it looks like.
    2008 LSV on the way out

looking at you motor from the passenger cabin, it is on the intake manifold directly in front of you and before the spark arrestor. It has a plug with wire loom plugged into it and is held in by 2 screws. Unscrew the 2 screws, pull the sensor straight up and see if it will start. It wont run well without it in place, but mine would at least start when it was out and wouldn't start when it was in.

That's easy enough to find and try out. Did you leave the wires pluged in when you tried to start or disconnect it completely.
    2008 LSV on the way out

left the wires hooked to the sensor, good luck!