Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rakkasan View Post
    One more thing. Are you supposed to pump the throttle back n forth before putting it in neutral and starting or is that just for carbed engines
    No you don't need to pump it. Just turn the key and it should start.

Fuel filter will be just before the fuel pump, and the fuel pump is actually right next to the engine. both can be reached by folding down the side panel in the V drive, or over head through the normal center engine door.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I know it's a bad pic but is this the fuel filter.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Trouble starting engine

Since it's been in storage try boosting the battery, maybe there's not enough juice to crank and run that darn computer.. Also is it in neutral, does it have one of the crappy lanyards?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I've had a battery tender hooked up to it and it seems to be cranking just as fast as before. Meters reading just over 12volts but maybe I'll unhook the battery and clean the terminals too.

It does have the crappy lanyard and is in neutral. The boat runs just won't start on its own. I'd hate to be on the lake and have to pour gas down its throat every time I want to move.
    Last edited by Rakkasan; 02-18-2014 at 08:32 PM.

Default Trouble starting engine

Sounds like the pump if you treated you fuel I had the same thing with a quad where it would run but would only start by turning it over till the starter just about burnt out of it does it pop and back fire when you give it a little rpm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkh
    2013 outbackv

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    Sounds like the pump if you treated you fuel I had the same thing with a quad where it would run but would only start by turning it over till the starter just about burnt out of it does it pop and back fire when you give it a little rpm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkh
    That's another thing that's confusing. I know it's not under any load just sitting in the driveway with a water hose hooked up but when I hit the throttle it just purrs right along like nothing's wrong. Just a smooth as can be.

Ok guys I just changed to fuel filter and it sounded like it wanted to start a couple times but just wouldn't kick over. Fuel down the TB again it started and ran fine. Is there a sensor some where the tells the fuel pump to kick back on after a certain RPM is hit?

Ok guys I just changed to fuel filter and it sounded like it wanted to start a couple times but just wouldn't kick over. Fuel down the TB again it started and ran fine. Is there a sensor some where the tells the fuel pump to kick back on after a certain RPM is hit?
    Refer back to Post#4

Crank Position Sensor tells the ECM the engine is running and it turns the pump back on.

In short, Turn key on pressurize fuel rail.
    Engine fires up
    Engine rotating tells the ECM to run Fuel pump full time.

But like I said before you spend all the money to have a dealer look at it, take a few minutes and a few dollars and replace that old fuel pump.

Then at the very least if it doesn't start you know you have a serious issue and the dealer isn't going to hit you for 150 for a fuel pump.

First 3 things I always do when I have a fuel related issue is,
    Add an Octane booster to the fuel in case I have old fuel. Sounds like you treated it with Stabile and its good fuel
    Change my Fuel filter
    Change my Fuel Pump.
    Then I worry about the rest.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Thanks for the help. After I changed the fuel filter and ran it for a little bit I shut it off and let it sit then restarted. After I did this a couple time now it starts up on the first key turn.

BUT...

Now the check engine light stays on when it's running.
    The dealer is a couple hours away and this is starting to well you know

Thanks for the help. After I changed the fuel filter and ran it for a little bit I shut it off and let it sit then restarted. After I did this a couple time now it starts up on the first key turn.

BUT...

Now the check engine light stays on when it's running.
    The dealer is a couple hours away and this is starting to well you know
    Are you referring to the check engine light by the Lanyard? That is normal when at idle, it will shut off when you put it in gear and get over a couple miles per hour.

Also don't panic about the check engine light just yet.

In my 13 Mojo I had a check engine light the first tank of fuel, it was a few months old and at the end of the season I had a tank that was a few weeks old and would get random check engine lights when the Lake was below 60 and the engine was cold. The dealer hasn't been able to reproduce it.

Take the boat out on the lake and run her, see how she does.
    [COLOR="#696969"]